Yet Another Motorcycle License question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I agree with you about the HKID. It's a great piece of technology that other countries should adopt if they haven't done so already. Certainly the USA for one.

My point was about the HK DL. it's just laminated paper. Have you seen a USA license? It's like a CC. I'm sure you could use your hkid for I'd purposes... Just like I could use my CA DL to drive in HK for a year. I'll agree to disagree with you... I know you like the sport

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    In what sense is it hokey? It's perfectly valid, for example, as a licence to use whilst visiting the USA.

Again, the HK driving licence is an annex to (and only valid in conjunction with) your HKID card. The HKID card is at least as valid a photo ID as a US driving licence - I have had my HKID accepted as photoID in many places in the US.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by Eddie J; 05-03-2010 at 07:07 PM.

I have a motorcycle license from Switzerland for the "A1" category issued when I was living there. This is not a probation license, but it is limited for bikes with 125cc or less. Could I exchange this to a HK motorcycle license?

Give it a shot!

Probably not, but I know a few French guys that have managed to convince the TD that their 125 licence is valid, they just tore of the back piece that shows the limitations. No harm in asking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3