Like Tree4Likes

Importing UK car to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Being an M3 might hold the value. And its all imported cars in HK, so dunno how being from UK will make a difference...
    it make a big difference coming from UK cars! it just so happens RHD drive cars from UK have the highest depreciation out of all the RHD countries. Also this car being petrol, its even great depreciation because of expensive price/gallon. Diesel cars are holding value in UK.

so it seems UK is the best place to bring cars into HK. Aussie/NZ/Japan/South Africa...way too expensive and not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Being an M3 might hold the value. And its all imported cars in HK, so dunno how being from UK will make a difference...
    Used cars are cheap in the UK
    Steering wheel is on the same side
    Shipping from the UK is cheap

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Exactly! thats what my digging/discovery has uncovered

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    That was my reply to the post below...I'm sure there might be advantage of importing cars from UK as you have mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Don't forget things such as converting the speedo to red km and also the resale value of the car will plummet massively as not much demand for a UK sourced car.

What are the exact costs and where could I find out? Considering bringing my 08 Aston Vantage...would it be insanely expensive to import it?

Actually all the information you need to import a car is on the transport department and customs and excise website.

In easy terms you ship you car here, it must be declared to customs within 14 days. In meantime it will require an emissions test, then payment of first registration tax - on a sliding scale based on car value + shipping, and then registration transfer / license fee and all done.

That's the simplified version. It's a bit more complex than that but gives you some idea. Check sale prices of Vantage locally. Theres a western guy nearby to where I live who brings in a lot of DB9/DBS and a lot of other high end stuff and you never see the cars for long.
    Posted via Mobile Device

hk car broker

im speaking to a car broker now in HK who is from the UK.

i can do the whole process myself but it seems for a nomincal fee, this broker can help end to end...

i'll keep everyone posted about my experience...

Have you spoken to the guys at www.carbroker.com.hk?

The hardest part is getting your imported car pass the emission test, boy, it is not easy. My advice is, better do some research first to see if your car meet the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Have you spoken to the guys at www.carbroker.com.hk?
    how are these guys? reputable? finds good cars?