Like Tree2Likes

need advice on 2nd hand motorbike sales

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

need advice on 2nd hand motorbike sales

so im looking to buy a 2nd hand motorbike. i havent started learning or anything, i just want to get some research down before starting.

if there are any motorbike enthusiasts out there can you help me out a bit?

im looking for a sport bike, not a scooter. maybe something like a kawasaki ninja, or something cheaper, like a honda (or if you got any better recommendations for starters im all ears!) but i have no idea what prices should be. and how old is too old?

thanks!

If you're looking for a first bike, it's 'wise' to start off on a not so 'aggressive' bike. No matter how confident and wise you may be, everyone has a little short judgement in the early years of motorbiking. That's been my experience. Looking back, I always thought I was on top of that, but in hindsight, I now acknowledge that I've been lucky.

Never had an accident.

If you're looking for bikes, a good place to start is 電單車 資料庫 鐵騎網誌 iBike 電單車 資料庫 -

Even if you don't read Chinese, you can find your way and see 2nd hand bikes (in different categories, sportbike is one of them).

Ninja's are great. I got a Kawasaki ZX12r Ninja. The only one on the road in HK I believe. There's plenty of 600's around though.

check out ibike.com.hk

they have tons of bikes for sale, new & used of all types. I bought second-hand here last december and have been riding here since.

a Ninja 250 is what i started on for a couple months in the US,during vacation, before riding here; i took the course there and got a little seat time in and then came back. HK has a great selection of small and mid-sized bikes that the west doesnt have. Ive also found a few good gear shops around that have a decent selection of quality stuff.

PM me or just post here if you need more help.

250 is tooo small in my opinion...- u will outgrow it quickly

since u are new to biking dont get a bike with fairing - cos U WILL drop it -

advise you to get a naked bike - I got a hornet 600 - picked that up for 22K - its quite sporty

I got that off the classifieds at asiaxpat - actually I saw a Kwack z1000 on there a few months back for 30K

you might be advised to get an old 400 - loadsa of the honda cb400 so if they break down u can get parts anywhere,, u can pick one up for 13- 15 K

sites to check.

28CAR.COM ( click on 2nd blue rectangle from right hand side - motorcycle is 3 words in chinese

電單車 資料庫 鐵騎網誌 iBike 電單車 資料庫 -

[url=http://car8.com/2car.php?car_category=3&search=1&show_page=1&show_ car=1]CAR8.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOTIONDESIGNER™:
    If you're looking for a first bike, it's 'wise' to start off on a not so 'aggressive' bike. No matter how confident and wise you may be, everyone has a little short judgement in the early years of motorbiking.
    wise words -

I had my first off a month after I dropped the P's and I would have to admit that it was mainly due to my riding ( speed!) and lack of familiarity with route twisk!

I know its not popular over here - but I attribute the fact that I still walking a great testament to my knee pads - and gloves..
    the jacket saved some skin too ( breathable dainese) altho I did have bruises in the pattern of the lining -

my friends who were "following" said I was real lucky! i believe them!

thanks for the replies! im just getting a base of pricing at the moment since i havent even started learning yet. but any advice is appreciated!

so really the manufacture year for the bike itself isnt that important as long as parts are newer right? cause i see some bikes from 1990s going for 10k. thats pretty old to me, but then again im a newbie.

@audiot: by fairing you mean the aerodynamic shape on the front? thats what i find most attractive about sport bikes.. though i could make do without one for starters. will it fall over more with fairing cause its heavier? or will naked bikes fall just as much, just take less damage?

I ride an faired honda 400 here. Its a perfect middle-ground (for me) between the 250 starter bike, and a newer 600s which may be too much to handle. Resell is never a problem, and upgrading when you're ready is a far better option than starting out too big and developing bad habits.

i also always ride fully geared....i get a lot of strange looks, but it is my skin, and i feel compelled to protect it. Debridement, i hear, is not real fun.

seems like a good choice m8!

I started out with volty 250 to take my test on - over at Kwun Tong driving school.. after I passed my part B - I bought a bike and paid the exorbitant insurance! I cashed that in and got a fair rebate when I passed and got normal insurance..

I found the 250 "wanting" very quickly - i dont think I would recommend a super sports 600 as a learner bike..

maybe after a year?

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    I ride an faired honda 400 here.
    curious what u got?

A 96 RVF400

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast