Like Tree8Likes

Serious Question about palce to old store cars and trucks for restoration

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Serious Question about palce to old store cars and trucks for restoration

I have lived in Hong Kong for quite some time now and recently bought nine cars and trucks that are quite old and which I plan to restore (Basically almost junk). I am a gear head and enjoy it as a hobby and have lots of tools and will buy more.

Don't worry about the registration on the cars or the lorries as i already worked all of that out.

However, I do need to store them in one place - a secure place - that I can also use a garage to work on them. I might restore some for sale later as well but this will not be my full time job as I already have one.

I could buy a warehouse, hopefully not more than several million, and then rent part of it out for logistics or to truckers to park there trucks or something.

A friend of mine suggested that I buy/rent some land in the NT and erect some temporary steel buildings on it for storage but i kind of already ruled that out due to the crime and land use issues.

SO, If I am looking to buy a GF whorehouse, where would I go? Really anywhere in HK is OK with me...I was thinking of somewhere near Chai Wan as there used to be lots of factories there.

Is there anywhere else to look? How do you go about finding a warehouse? Who sells them? Is there a web site or a special kind of agent? I am even thinking of renting for a while until the property market cools down a bit.

Please share your thoughts. I really need help on this one.

Cheers

Last edited by packy_crusher; 13-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Dankleness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    SO, If I am looking to buy a GF whorehouse, where would I go?
    Er. What?

Lockhart Road maybe?
    Beuze and justjoe86 like this.

I dont know the answer but I would think anywhere on the Island would be too expensive.

The only places that I would be suitable (I think) would be toward the north west of NT (Tsim Bei Tsui / Lau Fau Shan areas); there are lots of "lots" there and lot of yards with car parts in those parts...

HC

Around Kam Tin as well.

What kind of trucks are they?

The cars and trucks date from the 50' 60's, 70's, and were destined for scrap until i found the gems. People here don't do a lot of restoration of their own. I guess its that they never worked on cars unless they are a mechanic and don't have a place to work on it. There are good fabricators here and lots of old parts available. Once I get a place I will post some pictures. Most are from UK and Europe.

I have been around Chai wan and see lots of old factories that are being used as storage or maybe as delivery lorry car parks. How would one go about buying a lot in Tsim Bei Tsui/ Lau Fau Shan? If I could enclose it with fence, i could put some steel garages in there. Does anybody have any leads or contacts or any idea how I would start looking for such a thing?

Bedfords, Leylands?

Bedfodrs, Leylands, Land Rovers, MG's, etc. you name it.

why not consider parts of sha tau kok/ping che, some disused really large sites with buildings connected by main road, check the local estate agents in fanling, more accessible than Tsim Bei Tsui/ Lau Fau Shan, and possibly 10/15 times cheaper than chai wan.

There are commercial agents. They usually set up shops in factory building area. The cheapest single basement parking spot in Kowloon is around 1 mil in san po kong. Or 3500 in rent. Even if you find 10 spots for sale rent in 1 building. You can't erect a walll or a fence.

What you need is entire garage basement if you want security. Your best bet is to find a back alley ground floor shop of a factory building. $10 a foot in nt.

Funny, ages ago I was interested in renting some land and met a a guy who showed me his stocked fish pond and land up near Lau Fan Shan. He has many old cars, a big shed and two fishing ponds plus a fair bit of land.

I had a look to see if I still had his number wondering why I hadn't been in touch with him again.....well, I've got his number saved as 'Mike the triad'! Guess that explains why! I remember that he pays a boy to live on the site for security so that says something I guess..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast