Like Tree29Likes

Sports cars and how they are regarded

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Mat don't be jealous because I need a wheelbarrow to walk around.

Alas, I myself am guilty of having once owned a red Beamer. C'est la vie.

Bottom line, if you drive a nice car, good for you. Just don't be a jerk when driving it. That is the key. People can accept other people driving nicer cars or living in larger houses or wear LV or whatever, but just don't act like a prick. That is the one reason why some people dislike other driving ferraris or lambos. If people can all follow this simple rule, there will be alot less friction or problems. After all, the world has enough problems as it is, let's not add anymore to it.

P.S-I drive a BMW 3 series in HK myself, not because I want to flaunt my status, but because the car is fun to drive. The handling is terrific and going through the corners with the tyres sticking to the road like glue is a great thrill. And then I take the bus and MTR on weekdays to work. So I get the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Watercooler; 27-06-2011 at 03:13 PM.

A 70's BMW 2002 doesnt count as a sports car, more like a Jalopy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    Mat don't be jealous because I need a wheelbarrow to walk around.

Alas, I myself am guilty of having once owned a red Beamer. C'est la vie.
    virago likes this.

So where does that put my wife and I with Audi TT-RS I just bought in China? I don't feel any guilt whatsoever.

Audi TT? Don't they have instability issues when driven at high speeds? Wait, that might be the previous generation. But cars with steering wheel on the left (mainland cars) aren't allowed to be driven in HK, unless the car as both HK and mainland licenses...

Not so sure about the quality of the made in China Audi through...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Audi TT? Don't they have instability issues when driven at high speeds? Wait, that might be the previous generation. But cars with steering wheel on the left (mainland cars) aren't allowed to be driven in HK, unless the car as both HK and mainland licenses...

No it's fully imported from Hungry (if that makes it any better!). Not for HK but China. I leave soon and won't be back to live for a while. My wife wanted the TT, I didn't really but I said I wanted something under the hood to give me shivers when going fast and so all the girls can look at me when I drive.

I see, good for you then. Audi have great cars, so you made a good choice. Although I tend to prefer bimmers with their 50:50 balance and rear wheel drive to the quattros of Audi. That Audi A/S5 does look sweet, but out of my budget at the moment, and I like the 3 series better, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    To start it up and hear the 6 to 8 pistons come to life,
    From the other thread I thought your problem was that it didn't come to life.....
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    No it's fully imported from Hungry
    Must be the thin line model then?

The model comes with a small trunk/boot, thin tyres, is very lightweight and blacks out if run fast. It also chokes if you fill it up too fast but is cheap to keep if you stop it from always dying on you. I think its primary made for the African market.

You should have bought the fat model from Hungary it costs more but runs well and appetite for anything you throw at it.
    virago likes this.

TT's are great cars and no instability issues at high speeds. Really small, fast, and agile. The TT isnt made in China, none of the Mfg will make high end cars out of country, quality control issues. Same reason why the M is only made in the M factory and why Lexus wont make their high end models outside of Japan.

Personally though I would of went for a Mazda MX5/Miata, those things are fast, easy to customize and rear wheel drive.

Tons of mods you can do on the Miata to boost the HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast