Driver's license

Driver's license

How to get a HK driver's license? Could it be issued based on my current license from my home country?
    Should I pass any exams (theory & driving)? What's the price?

rvc

If you had to take a road test in the country where you currently have your drivers license (ie. the US), then you do not need to take a road test here. You simply have to fill out a form and pay (HKD900, I think). Once you fill out the form, it takes about 10 days to pick up the license.

Quote Originally Posted by rvc
    If you had to take a road test in the country where you currently have your drivers license (ie. the US), then you do not need to take a road test here. You simply have to fill out a form and pay (HKD900, I think). Once you fill out the form, it takes about 10 days to pick up the license.
    Not quite true, there are a list of countries approved that you can have a license from as long as you passed a road test to get the license.

It is $900 HKD and about a week to get it.

Check out this link :http://www.td.gov.hk/public_services...nce_/index.htm

If you open up the form it has the list of countries licenses you can be a holder of for direct issue of license.

Thanks...
    Seems Russia's out of the list and I'll need to pass the test...oh!back to school