Like Tree7Likes

Favorite & least favorite cars/vehicles in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite & least favorite cars/vehicles in Hong Kong?

Just a random and subjective question, but what is your favorite and least favorite type of cars (or vehicles in general) in Hong Kong?

My favorite type of car is a compact executive/sporty sedan, in particular, the BMW 3 series (being a bimmer fan myself). Although I also like very much the Audi A4 , Mercedes C class and Lexus IS, those are great cars but lacks the performance and handling of a 3 series. The compact executive/sporty sedan is also just the right size for the narrow and crowded streets of Hong Kong, whereas if I were to drive those big luxo-barges (i.e. Lexus LS, Mercedes S class, BMW 7 series etc), I would have that constant fear of denting it against some other car on a typically narrow Hong Kong road.

My least favorite type of vehicles are the red minibuses (with their insane/triad drivers), scooters (which weaves in and out of traffic, they pose a risk when they are in your blind spot), those cheap Japanese-modded illegal boy racer mitsubishi or civic (we call them ricers back home, I don't what the term for those are in Hong Kong) used for street racing, but pose a noise and road safety hazard for the rest of us.

Last edited by Watercooler; 02-08-2011 at 04:19 PM.

anything that has 4 wheels and some Umph in the engine compartment. even if it doesnt have much umpgh, its all down to how crazy the driver is

I do like the 325I/328I convertible, the older models from 95-98, am thinking of getting one for my daily drive or a SLK 230. I'll use my SUV for the weekends or when i take my dogs out.

I really miss Mr SS's Mitsubishi Evo 10, which we had in Japan. It wasn't as trendy as our friends' Audis and Bimmers but we used to thrash the hell out of it on the mountain roads on a weekend. Not sure we'd have quite the same fun in Mid-levels....!
    We've just got a regular hatchback now, which does the job in HK.
    I get annoyed with the people carriers whose drivers seem to think they own the road. And of course the mini-bus drivers.
    For car styles, the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne really annoy me - so ugly!

I could get used to a Panamera I think but my next HK car will almost certainly be an Alphard. At the moment I have an Opel Zafira which I really enjoy - it is the mid-life crisis Irmscher version! I'm actually finding it a bit small now!! When I get the Alphard I'm thinking I might also get a little sporty two seater like an MR2 or something....

...........my least favourite vehicles are taxis and buses ,(surprise, surprise), although I dislike the zombie pedestrians and the pawpaws pushing banchee loads of cardboard equally.

Last edited by bryant.english; 02-08-2011 at 04:41 PM.

My pet hates : Any car in the bus lane and any car (usually a fancy one) parked outside the Hong Kong Club blocking that little road which is the only way out of Admiralty.....

My pet likes: Any bus going where I want to go that arrives quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Any bus going where I want to go that arrives quickly.
    let me know which bus your taking next so that I can block it just to see ya blow up

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    My pet hates : Any car in the bus lane and any car (usually a fancy one) parked outside the Hong Kong Club blocking that little road which is the only way out of Admiralty.....

My pet likes: Any bus going where I want to go that arrives quickly.
    Thanks for reminding me of another dislike, those lane hoggers in Central, but thankfully I don't drive to Central much (except for driving past Central), too congested to drive in on weekdays anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    let me know which bus your taking next so that I can block it just to see ya blow up
    best not block the gold coast resident bus from the bus lane on tuen mun highway. . . The last three people doing that now have tickets thanks to my police reports. . .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

my favourite car in hk is definitely those red or green ones. you can take them any time day or night, you can take them when you're drunk and you don't have to worry about it getting damaged or stolen.

anyone driving a Panamera should face a firing squad composed of rocket launches, their dead body ferried across the river styx on a boat made from the crushed chasis of their car. Whoever heard of a 5 door porsche?!

Last edited by CharlieGordon; 02-08-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Favourite - Euro V double decker (probably greener than the MTR)
    Least favourite - All the pre-Euro standard clapped out diesels on the road.

PDLM likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast