Like Tree7Likes

pro's and cons of contesting a parking ticket..

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    The most difficult thing for newbies in HK is that so many places look as though they should be free parking or that would be free parking in, say, the UK. I can show you many places in and around Tuen Mun where you have a no standing sign followed by a end of no standing sign but I've still got a ticket even parking after it!!

My advice to anyone is this: If you're not parking on your land and you're not paying, expect to get a ticket someday, that even goes for people parked on government land in villages depending on the courage of the wardens - in Tuen Mun/Yuen Long they are often chaperoned by teams of police and they tend to target an area for a week or so and then move on..
    Good point and totally agree, I have parked on streets waiting for family with no white/yellow lines on them and been told to move by police.

Up until a few hours ago thanks to PDLM I have learnt the parking laws for HK.
    Very much different to what I am used to. So in general if you don't park in a octopus pay zone or parking building don't park at all if you don't want a ticket.

think its worse in a car - I've parked illegally for 3 years and this is my first ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    think its worse in a car - I've parked illegally for 3 years and this is my first ticket...

Then pay dues and get on with it.