Like Tree4Likes

Law that Probationary license cannot use the right lane on a multi lane highway?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Law that Probationary license cannot use the right lane on a multi lane highway?

I was just cited for this, and never heard this rule before. None of my other driving friends are aware of this either.

Now I have to go to court, pay a fine, and potentially have my probation period extended. All for passing a parade of giant, slow buses?

Seems like a useless law.

The laws will be listed in the yellow booklet full of road rules and road signs you got when you collected your driving license.

stupid as it may seem to you, if your a P license holder, don't use the fast lane. your probation will be extended.

We have enough of the dumb fast lane hogging futhermuckers, we dont need anyone else, even the so called normal drivers always seem to crash on Lung Cheong Road, always on the friggin fast lane. just makes me want smack the ones that aren't injured with a baseball bat

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Cap 374Q Reg 11 - Restriction on vehicles using offside lane.

Edit: And http://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/...ers/index.html

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 29-08-2011 at 05:48 PM.

emx, I understand you are being clever, but in all my driving courses and tests, this was not once ever mentioned or even suggested. Also I was never provided with such booklet. I transferred my license from the US, then acquired P plates for motorcycle.

I realise the fault lies with me, but this is just one more of the absurd rules concerning P plates that is extremely unsafe. Being on a small motorbike sandwiched between multiple lanes of big rigs and buses trying to pass each other is terrifying and dangerous.

(The 70kph limit being another ridiculous one. Try driving at 70kph on a motorbike whilst taxis and buses ride up on your rear at +120kph. Following reasonable traffic flow speeds is a much better alternative )

Last edited by midleveler; 29-08-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Thank you for the link, Claire. Its very clear.

they usually give you the booklet when you pass the test/ pick up licence.

would you mind clarifying what kind of highway you were on? ( where la?)

(want to talk to a friend who's still on the "p" plates )

sorry to hear your pain - the law can be an ass sometimes....

I transfered my license too and was given the yellow book and told to read it before I started driving on Hong Kong roads.

so would gloucester road be counted as an expressway..

it just means where there is the "H" highway sign right?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I transfered my license too and was given the yellow book and told to read it before I started driving on Hong Kong roads.
    I ate some bread for breakfast this morning. It was pretty good.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast