Like Tree52Likes

Any motorcyclists want to go for some regular rides?

Closed Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 110 115 116 117 118

There is a newly formed Meetup group for HK riders:
    Hong Kong Motorcycle Riding Meetup (Hong Kong) - Meetup
    Post rides you plan to do, Join rides others have posted.
    Free to join, no obligation to attend.

Any good recommendation for an insurance agent? I will, hopefully, get my learner permit (pass the first indoor road test) next month and want to buy a motorcycle for practice for my road test. Got a quote for around 5000 a year. Seems a bit pricy. Can anyone PM me a number?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by md23:
    Any good recommendation for an insurance agent? I will, hopefully, get my learner permit (pass the first indoor road test) next month and want to buy a motorcycle for practice for my road test. Got a quote for around 5000 a year. Seems a bit pricy. Can anyone PM me a number?

call sabrina -

i think we paid about 4k for a year about 3 or 4 year ago

but after u pass u can cancel the policy and get a rebate - pretty much 50% for me

Quote Originally Posted by md23:

Thats way too much. You only need third party btw.

email kwiksure

Kwiksure – The Hong Kong Insurance Experts

I never paid anything near that much, but I waited until I had a license to buy. Not sure if that adds a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by midleveler:
    Thats way too much. You only need third party btw.email kwiksure

Kwiksure – The Hong Kong Insurance Experts

I never paid anything near that much, but I waited until I had a license to buy. Not sure if that adds a lot.
    It is insurance for a LEARNER and it will always be VERY HIGH as they dont have an official license yet. Once you pass the full test and have a P license then its totally different cost.
    scrambler likes this.

learner insurance is expensive! but if u hurry up an pass the rebate will take the edge off when u cancle

jus dont be a muppet and use it after u pass ! hahaha!

Wow, thats insane markup. Doesn't seem worth it at all, but I guess if you have the cash, why not?

I just paid to rent the motor school's bikes for a couple afternoons. Which was plenty of practice to pass with no problems.

Better to drop their bike, than one that you own!

i dunno tho.. way more confident on a bike u own - also the bike's feel varies from machine to machine - depending on how many times its been dropped - different clutch bite points can be tricky for newer riders to adapt to

doing figure of 8 etc with bent handle bars?

yes it will cost a couple of thousand.. i guess u weigh it up yourself.

I got my own, I think third party was around 3k but that was on a VTR 250, but I still did the test on the centre's bikes because they basically never cut out at low revs which is perfect for the figure 8 when you reach the bottom of the slope - just apply rear brake and slight throttle, no need for clutch. The VTR would cut out at low revs and was a bit of a pain to do the maneuver in, plus they wouldn't let me practise with it on the course. They seemed to want to make doing the test on your own bike a real pita so I just scheduled all my free practise sessions in the run-up to the test and did the figure 8 and the test routes on their bikes for hours at a time till it was second nature.