Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emx

Renew OZ driving license

Closed Thread

Renew OZ driving license

My WA license is due for renewal in 2 months time.

I dont need a new photo or anything as i got a new one only a few years ago when i upgraded to include my motobike class.

So, how do i go about doing this. I only plan on being in HK another year. Do they accept international addresses? Do they post internationally?

cheers

If you find out the answer I'd love to know. I meant to renew mine when I was in Aus a few months back and I forgot. Now it's expired

Quote Originally Posted by gordonleslie:
    My WA license is due for renewal in 2 months time.

I dont need a new photo or anything as i got a new one only a few years ago when i upgraded to include my motobike class.

So, how do i go about doing this. I only plan on being in HK another year. Do they accept international addresses? Do they post internationally?

cheers
    Give the Australian consulate a call, HK phone numbers listed on the website header, below..
    Home - Australian Consulate-General

For NSW licences: Renewal when out of NSW

I presume WA have a similar site ....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    If you find out the answer I'd love to know. I meant to renew mine when I was in Aus a few months back and I forgot. Now it's expired
    I did that with my Aussie licence 10 years ago and had to retake my test in the UK.......and I failed the first time! Sympathy your way! You've converted it to a HK one right?

the main problem is the change of address. I have already read on the OZ-HK embassy that they dont deal with drivers license issues.

You will need an address in Australia, they won't put an international address on your Australian drivers license.

You will be able to do a once off renewal while overseas, for which you'll need a overseas renewal kit - most state governments have them online or will post you one.

As long as there is no change in details, you'll need someone to witness and sign some passport style photos of you and then you can post it all back with a AUD cheque or bank draft.

Go for the maximum renewal period i.e. 10 years so that give you more time to renew it when you get back to Australia for good.

Last edited by emx; 22-11-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: More info and linky
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I did that with my Aussie licence 10 years ago and had to retake my test in the UK.......and I failed the first time! Sympathy your way! You've converted it to a HK one right?
    Sure, and I have a UK one (expires when I'm 70) and an NZ one too so it's not a disaster. I just don't want to have to take the Aussie test (again - already had to do it once when I moved there!).