How to pass my driving licence in HK

Closed Thread

How to pass my driving licence in HK

Hello,
    I would like to pass my driving licence in HK (I know, it's terrible I haven't done it before but now I really have time to do so!)
    Does someone know where I should go to be instructed & pass the test in english? (I've been adviced right here to contact http://www.hksm.com.hk/ but they appear to be only in chinese which I dont speak...)
    Thanks in advance,
    Alexandra

from what i have seen in happy valley, there are some cars that post english speaking lessons. come and hang out on blue pool road and you'll see them all.

be prepared for a driving instructors that is older than your great grandparents. you'll learn how to drive at 2km/h, with 6 hands on the steering wheel, park the car on the sidewalk when ever you like, there will be 18 mirrors in the car to confuse you, your steering wheel is plastered with color tape, lots of soft flush toys to block your rear view, weird wires sticking out from the side of the car

>> weird wires sticking out from the side of the car

Those are there to help you parallel park.

http://www.hksm.com.hk/ offers English speaking classes as well. call them for schedule. they do pretty well and offer several locations in HK including HK island.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> weird wires sticking out from the side of the car

Those are there to help you parallel park.
    thanks, that's the reason why most drivers in hong kong can't parrallel park.

looks like you are an expert driver then, as soon as you were born, you could drive. u didnt need to learn anything.

WTF.

sorry to offend your parking skills. i feel sorry for you if you need the side antennas to help you park.

Quote Originally Posted by Levy-guit:
    Hello,
    I would like to pass my driving licence in HK (I know, it's terrible I haven't done it before but now I really have time to do so!)
    Does someone know where I should go to be instructed & pass the test in english? (I've been adviced right here to contact http://www.hksm.com.hk/ but they appear to be only in chinese which I dont speak...)
    Thanks in advance,
    Alexandra
    You're braver than I am. I think I'd rather have my spleen removed without benefit of anesthesia than drive in this madhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by lulumay:
    sorry to offend your parking skills. i feel sorry for you if you need the side antennas to help you park.
    those side antennas are there to help learners to park thats why you only see it on Learning vehicles. r u retarded or what.

the instructers spray paint lines on the road so that as soon as the antenna hits that line it tells the learner driver to start turning the wheel.

what kind or car do you drive, probably a mini. trying parallel parking a Landcrusier and if you can do that in one go then i would say you are quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    those side antennas are there to help learners to park thats why you only see it on Learning vehicles. r u retarded or what.

the instructers spray paint lines on the road so that as soon as the antenna hits that line it tells the learner driver to start turning the wheel.

what kind or car do you drive, probably a mini. trying parallel parking a Landcrusier and if you can do that in one go then i would say you are quite good.
    what a perfect lazy friday afternoon rant!!!! where should i start. i've heard of road rage. i've seen of people fight over a parking spot but i have never seen "online parking rage". try not to shoot the screen if you have a gun.

how to parallel park a car doesnt really have a lot to do with the size of the car. as long as the spot is long enough for the car, you park the car the same way.

Dude, if you need antennas, stickers and what have you, maybe you should not drive a truck and drive a car. your problem starts with owning a landcrusier. you know what your problem is. i'll let you figure it out yourself.

let us assume that driving under normal conditions does require antennas, stickers, 12 mirrors, and plush toys in the car. You would think at least 1 car company would offer it as an option. Even HUMMER's doesnt have that option and its a tank.

I did notice a new phenomenon. Gi-hormous "P" poster on the back windows of some cars. Now, I assume this is similar to the "p" plates in the UK and Australia, and else where. Does it have to cover 40% of the back window? We see you. We know you have difficulties changing lanes. It'll be a lot easier if you can see me. Correct me if I am wrong but provisional licenses are only applicable to motorcycles in Hong Kong. Does the P stand for anything else?