Like Tree5Likes

Windscreen replacement

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Windscreen replacement

Got back from holidays and my windscreen on my BMW is cracked (thank kids and soccer balls I suspect). BMW have quoted about HKD15k to replace. Anyone have any shops that can replace it (including the rain sensor). BTW the cracks are about 20cm long so a repair is out of the question.
    THanks

Have you checked your insurance policy?

Try Fookie Motors on 2565-6166.

Good English, and free collection/delivery.

Yes - insurance will cover it up to 5k.
    I use Fookie for service just hadnt called him yet.

bryant.english likes this.

another car glass company with very english name Yao Bong Car Glass Co Ltd.
    the phone is 24741268, not sure about english, but always busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Camsoph:
    Got back from holidays and my windscreen on my BMW is cracked (thank kids and soccer balls I suspect). BMW have quoted about HKD15k to replace. Anyone have any shops that can replace it (including the rain sensor). BTW the cracks are about 20cm long so a repair is out of the question.
    THanks
    I know this topic was raised quite a while ago but thought I'd further add to it with some up dated info for future reference.

We were in a similar situation to you, came out to our E class wagon to be faced with a nice crack that appeared from the very beginning of the windscreen where it rests on the firewall panel, extending 25cm vertically. I beleive it started from a small stone chip, via heat expansion, developing into a crack.

Our car also has rain sensor which is located at the top of the screen slightly forward of where the rear vision mirror attaches to the windscreen. We were quoted prices in the region that OP was when I contacted Zung Fu Hong Kong, the authotised MB agent, which was met with a fark that comment from me lol.

I ended up using Japanese Automobile Glass in Yuen Long, who quoted me $1800 for an aftermarket screen and did the job on the spot in 45 minutes... The screen has been in for awhile, no issues, rain sensing wipers worked as per normal operation and it was fitted properly, no leaks etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I ended up using Japanese Automobile Glass in Yuen Long, who quoted me $1800 for an aftermarket screen
    aftermarket screen? You mean 2nd hand? That's screen + install? I guess 2nd hand it was, then depends on the model how likely it is to have a replacement on hand.

Did the insurance pay? Mine also just covers up to $5000 - authorized supply quoted 8k.

I may give them a call, or try Yao Bong Car Glass Co Ltd.

Umm no, aftermarket, not second hand ie a brand new screen.

I didnt claim through insurance, $1800 was more than a fair price for a brand new rain sensing windscreen, fitted. afaic

Japan Automobile Glass quoted me 2 prices, 1500 and 2200 for a 'better' one. Zung Fu is 8000. They have 2 shops, one in Yuen Long and one in Tai Po. Will do it some time this month and report back.

PS: beside the Japan in their name seems that they serve all brands.

Yeah they handle common European windscreens also, they had mine there off the rack when I turned up and fitted it there and then.

One of the great things about owning an E class benz, replacement parts are readily available and reasonably priced. Most of the local mechanics are also experienced with them, so you cant go wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast