Like Tree8Likes

Need to buy a car, suggestions please

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Seems a little early to replace the rear shocks on a car with only 45xxx km?
    a lot of hk roads are concrete ( especially in NT), takes it toll earlier on shocks, whereas tarmac ( especially good quality and relative thick layers, or at extreme autobahn has the thickest), less wear and tear

Shock Absorbers - How to Fix or Replace Shocks - Photo Illustration

Also seems unlikely the cars only done 45xxx
    genuine miles.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Also seems unlikely the cars only done 45xxx
    genuine miles.
    it's 45,956 km, not miles, service history confirms 40km last june, it's genuine, expat lady owner based in sai kung as the documents provided mentions this, reputable garage verified has not been clocked.

Try the Toyota Alphard, I have seen loads of these around HK.

There is a classified section on this website as well, always worth a look: Automobiles (Owners) | Hong Kong Free Classifieds | AsiaXPAT.com

In my own experience I spent a few months checking out the second hand market, visiting some dodgy malls and meeting dealers in dark car parks, so in the end I bought a brand new car. VW were doing a interest free finance deal and offering a discount on the list price, after all the messing around with dealers and 2nd hand sellers who were economical with the truth, a new car was really the only viable option. HK is very harsh on cars, with a new car you'll get a lot less worry and stress, and even though people have gone through the numbers, the stress and time taken to deal with such things isn't taken into account.

Good luck with your search.

The only advise that I can give is that you read through these threads and any such threads if you are planning to buy a used car.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/3...ead219533.html
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/39/thread176533.html

What about a Nissan Fairlady.....no more stressful waiting around for the bus...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5