Like Tree29Likes

Passing through Auto toll by mistake ???

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    Saw a car go throught the CHT Autotoll on Sunday that didn't trigger the autotoll as traffic crawled through the barriers. Taxi driver that had been sitting on his bumper was kind enough to hang back when the light stayed red to ensure the cameras had a good view of the license plates

Also am I the only one finding the CHT autotoll lanes seems to now be slower than the cash toll lanes.
    Happens quite often to myself. Going through the lane causes the alarm tongo off and the light stays red. I guess I mounted the tag too low/close to the dashboard. As long as you got a tag it doesn't matter, they just enter the info manually. Never gotten any post from them regarding them being unable to read the tag.
    shri and emx like this.

Then why can't bikes have it

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Then why can't bikes have it
    For exactly the same reason as not being able to use Octopus.

They can't be arsed?

I'm guessing by the cameras I've seen at the tolls that they are only looking at the front of the vehicle so would miss a bikes license plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    I'm guessing by the cameras I've seen at the tolls that they are only looking at the front of the vehicle so would miss a bikes license plate?
    if you look at this street level picture of the Eastern tunnel auto toll section, you will actually see one of the cameras is for the back of the vehicles.
    http://goo.gl/maps/C7qit

Thought that 'technically' the number plates don't matter as long as you have a tag?

shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Quite simple! Its a privledge and in hk that means pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Thought that 'technically' the number plates don't matter as long as you have a tag?
    Yes it does, if you tag a new car and the registration is different you will get a letter asking you to change pronto or face a penalty.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4