Like Tree4Likes

Unmarked Police cars

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

There is also some unmarked commercial vans along the Tolo Highway.

I have seen a red one in the last few weeks, with a patrol bike always nearby somewhere.

Unrelated (I apologize) but why have they reduced the speed limit to 70 on the tuen mun - sham tseng highway? I thought they were modernising it and it might even creep up to 100! What's the reasoning?

if you guys wanna play wannabe fangio here is the solution:
    Commercial services

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    Unrelated (I apologize) but why have they reduced the speed limit to 70 on the tuen mun - sham tseng highway? I thought they were modernising it and it might even creep up to 100! What's the reasoning?
    The speed limit has always been 70 (this was actually raised to 80 for many sections of the highway).

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    That would be me driving on the fast lane and coming up on your ass (kidding).
    no worries, after i let you pass and see its not the PO PO, i just move back in the fast lane and tail gate yours ass. sharing is caring la

OP, to be precise, the BMW estate is the F10 5 series touring. It's in a sort of goldish colour. They are now the primary unmarked cars used by the police. They also had a few VWs or audis. No mercedes which I'm aware of. Usually the way you can tell it's an unmarked car it's that there are at least two people in the front seats.
    The one I see regularly on TM Hwy. is a dark (grey?) 5?? estate

The speed limit has always been 70 (this was actually raised to 80 for many sections of the highway).
    And now back down to 70 again, which I think was the complaint. I noticed this too - in fact probably has more impact on me since my resident bus actually drives at the speed limit! Seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    And now back down to 70 again, which I think was the complaint. I noticed this too - in fact probably has more impact on me since my resident bus actually drives at the speed limit! Seems very odd.
    Go ahead and do 80 on Tuen Mun, usually that speed is not sufficiently over the limit to get you a ticket. And even if you do get one, it's only $320 and no points deducted.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    no worries, after i let you pass and see its not the PO PO, i just move back in the fast lane and tail gate yours ass. sharing is caring la
    I don't know if you can outrace me in my bimmer, muhahaha .

Go ahead and do 80 on Tuen Mun, usually that speed is not sufficiently over the limit to get you a ticket. And even if you do get one, it's only $320 and no points deducted.
    Tell that to my bus driver. Those guys are sticklers for the speed limit. That's why I said I would be MORE affected than car drivers... who will just ignore it as you have suggested.