Like Tree4Likes

Need to volunteer at a garage..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need to volunteer at a garage..

So, you probably think I'm a looney but this is my one shot in the dark... my husband of 5 years has one passion in life..- cars! (and bikes, and gadgets and beer but lets just concentrate on cars). and for various reasons .(expensive parking and big wait list at carpark next to office) cant own one here. We own an antique back home and that is his first love...He really misses working on it.. restoring old cars..working in a garage..changing the oil..the smell of gasoline..
    I can understand his need to be next to cars and thats why my really odd question - Will Any garage owner let him hang around on the weekend for a few hours just to be next to cars..help out..change oil?? Any help/suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks!

Langauge is going to be his biggest problem unless he can speak Cantonese. I have a friend in Sai Ying Pun who has a garage that mainly fixes Taxi's / Mini buses / Van's & Trucks but the guy doesnt speak a word of English.

If he is that passioned about it, I am sure he also does a good job.
    Should be valuable for any garage....especially if he doesnt expect to get paid much for doing it.
    Not sure where you live but Sai Kung has one or two car dealers (with garage) that are with English owner - maybe he could try there ?

He could register at Ho Sum and put his interests/skills related to car maintenance down and then any charities who need help in this area can contact him.

In the mean time have you considered dressing up as a car, smearing yourself with motor oil and making brrrrm brrrrm noises as you potter around the house? Maybe not when you're expecting guests though.

he can come and change the oil and the filter of my car every 6-9 months if he likes.

i'll do you one better... my van could use a going over... he's welcome to come and have a look if he likes...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    he can come and change the oil and the filter of my car every 6-9 months if he likes.
    And I would volunteer to line mine up next to yours - 2 x the joy

He could jump out in front of cars at traffic lights wearing overalls and a clown mask, waving a dipstick and shouting "FREE OIL CHANGE, SIR?". He'll be pleasantly surprised at how many people will just roll up the windows and let him do it, whilst silently praying that the loony guy won't kill them.

What about Opels? He's welcome to come and give mine an oil change if he wants.....seriously! I would like him to show me how to do it.....PM if interested..

damm it, why didnt I volunteer my car also, now I'm 4th inline, he can give my car a look over as well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast