Like Tree2Likes

Cross harbor tunnel tickets

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cross harbor tunnel tickets

Hi. I ride a motorbike everyday to work and have to cross the cross harbor tunnel twice. I eaw a biker in front of me hand over some sort of coupon to the tollbooth lady instead of money. Makes it a lot easier instead of dealing with change. Does anyone know who issues those coupons?

heres for the Eastern Tunnel http://www.easternharbourtunnel.com....order-form.pdf

Heres for the Western Tunnel Western Harbour Tunnel - Hong Kong's quickest cross-harbour traffic route

cant find any info for the cross harbour tunnel unfortunately

ltcommander likes this.

Toll booth handouts

Quote Originally Posted by ltcommander:
    Hi. I ride a motorbike everyday to work and have to cross the cross harbor tunnel twice. I eaw a biker in front of me hand over some sort of coupon to the tollbooth lady instead of money. Makes it a lot easier instead of dealing with change. Does anyone know who issues those coupons?
    Hello fellow biker,

He could have just been handing over his phone number to the attractive tollbooth lady for a coffee catch-up sometime. Toll booth staff are people too.

Regards,
    MC

Ride it hard with the rubber side up.

Why not just apply for the autotoll and not have to stop at the toll booth each time you use one of the tunnels (and go straight through the autotoll lane instead). You cross the harbour tunnel everyday, you might as well apply for one.

Last edited by Watercooler; 26-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Why not just apply for the autotoll and not have to stop at the toll booth each time you use one of the tunnels (and go straight through the autotoll lane instead). You cross the harbour tunnel everyday, you might as well apply for one.
    Because no auto-toll for motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    Because no auto-toll for motorcycle
    Buy a car, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Buy a car, problem solved.
    ~$5000 a month for parking for one car vs $900 for two bikes? Tunnel tolls are less than half, and both bikes take a max of 12liters of fuel per fill up? No thanks, ill stick to riding.

Cagers..... :P

As far as the tolls, go, i usually just carry $10 notes & $10coins in a tank bag. Since most of the tolls are $8, you only get one or two coins back. Its easier than trying to count out change while holding your clutch. Get a bunch from the bank next time you stop in.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon_Collie:
    Hello fellow biker,

He could have just been handing over his phone number to the attractive tollbooth lady for a coffee catch-up sometime. Toll booth staff are people too.

That's a great way to get dates with some real hot petrolheads.

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    ~$5000 a month for parking for one car vs $900 for two bikes? Tunnel tolls are less than half, and both bikes take a max of 12liters of fuel per fill up? No thanks, ill stick to riding.

Cagers..... :P

As far as the tolls, go, i usually just carry $10 notes & $10coins in a tank bag. Since most of the tolls are $8, you only get one or two coins back. Its easier than trying to count out change while holding your clutch. Get a bunch from the bank next time you stop in.
    You are obviously being ripped-off if you have to shell out 5000 bucks for car parking a month.

But I'm more of a car person anyway, so to each his own.

2500 for the garage at home, 2500 to park by work. *shrugs*

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast