Veskimo, Anyone?

Lightbulb Veskimo, Anyone?

Getting ready to start riding at least one of my motorbikes in HK, and for summer (unfortunately at the same time!), which has turned up the Veskimo Personal Cooling System. It looks like the backpack version would cost about US$550, shipped, so it's not cheap, but by most reports I've read, it should work very well in our hot and humid weather. OTOH, my commute shouldn't be more than about 35mins--unless there's traffic or something. Hmmm...

looks like a good product to sell in hk! business minds!!!!!

For long tours, maybe so. For short rides and commutes, Id rather just soak an Underarmour-type shirt and wear that under a mesh jacket.

Should save you about $530 bucks.

Thanks, but, I thought about it, and because I want to ride ATGATT I decided it was worth the investment. (Whenever I spend a ridiculous amount on something frivolous it's always an "investment"...) Now all I need is a quick-fitting armoured racing rainsuit to wear over it!

I too ride all-gear.....but for short trips this, I think, would be overkill for the price.

Maybe a more viable option:
    http://www.ridecool.com/shop/

That would be great--if Hong Kong weren't so bloody humid. Evaporative cooling garments only work in hot and dry climates.

We'll see how it goes with the Veskimo. I've read a lot of reviews and it does look promising...

Let me know how it works out for short trips. It looks friggin awesome, for sure. I'd just be too lazy to set it up for the 20-30 minute ride to work.

Hour+ cruises on the weekend? I'd strap it on with a quickness.

Mr SS is eyeing one for the summer wander to the pub

I don't blame him. Priorities!!

Lootoo, did you ever buy this? I am thinking of buying one in the next week, so I figured I would see if you did and if it worked.