Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By loser

Exploring SAR HK by car

Exploring SAR HK by car

We just bought a car and are looking forward to exploring more of the region's less known sights.

Can anyone recommend places, villages, museums etc to see that are not the standard tourist sites on HK island? Even just a nice scenic route would be nice.

We have a baby, so stroller friendly would be better, though not a must. Tx

Not a massive Musuem Buff but know some nice roads..

suggest you drive up bridespool road, Tai Po.. some recreactional stuff to do around there...

there's a country park off route twisk. you can drive to the top of the mountain nearly.. thats quite a view!

Top of Fei Ngo Shan

how about taking the boat to the salt flat museum in Sai Kung...

there's the martime museum on the way to Chai Wan?

why not have a good look over google maps?

Lau Fan Shan
    Nam Sang Wai
    Monkey Mountain, Shatin
    ......just drive!!

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Lau Fan Shan
    Nam Sang Wai
    Monkey Mountain, Shatin
    ......just drive!!
    Just fill the tank up and follow the bonnet. The best thing about HK is you can't get severely lost.

Put GPS on your phone and explore.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would piggyback instead of opening a new one.

I just bought a car 2 weeks ago. It has opened up another aspect of HK for me.

I thought I'd mention 3 places i have been to and absolutely loved.

1) Lung Ha Wan Trail in Clearwater Bay. There is a car park there where the trail starts, so it is really convenient. Check out the hike and views at the link below.

https://droneandslr.com/travel-blog/...country-trail/

2) Deep Water Bay to Repulse Bay (or reverse). Usually plenty of parking in the morning at Deep Water Bay - there is a paved walking/jogging path between the 2 bays. under 5km for a return. Hit up some of the cafes at the Pulse at Repulse Bay while you're at it.

3) Victoria Peak Gardens - this is a really nice spot with views across towards PFL. Not sure about access during public holiday and weekends. I went up on a Friday night and was able to drive all the way to the metered car park.

https://goo.gl/maps/WnGKoxBndJwsLkiJA

Fellow drivers, any other nice spots to explore?

East_coast and MandM! like this.