Like Tree5Likes

speeding fine?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i don't think that's correct, i believe the minimum fine for speeding is HK$600 and three points ( i received it in 2008 along sha tau kok rd ( dual carriageway/ two lanes on both sides) for 73kmph, the officier stated that limit on this road was 50kmph (stupid on two lane dual carriageway when single lane on both sides no separated further down the road is at 70kmph)

they only stopped the drivers over 70, he also said if i was driving at 90kmph, the fine will be at double with 5 points
    You're incorrect - the amounts and limits I listed are correct

Hi thanks for the replies. I already figured out what the points penalty is so just wanted to find out the fine amount. Definitely care more about the points but not much you can do!

Thanks again!

bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I reckon its around $500-600.
    My speeding ticket I got last month for going 59KMH in a 50 zone was $320 (0 points deduction)
    Dammit, I missed the payment due date for my ticket by 1 day and cant pay it, what was $320 is now going to be over 1K FFS. Aiya more money to the govt. (bangs head on wall).

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Dammit, I missed the payment due date for my ticket by 1 day and cant pay it, what was $320 is now going to be over 1K FFS. Aiya more money to the govt. (bangs head on wall).
    You can´t pay it online ? it will not let you pay if due date is passed ?

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:
    You can´t pay it online ? it will not let you pay if due date is passed ?
    It will not let you pay it after you have missed the due date, i tried paying it the following day through ATM and it will not allow it, will have to wait for the letter telling me how much I'm getting screwed more.

you can pay at the ATM... I paid ALL mine there

just try paying it now - make them chase you for the "upgrade"

It might not be that bad, I missed paying a parking fine and ended up paying $580 instead. Im fairly sure, it was. although it happened about 5 years ago lol but it defo wasnt a grand or I would have spewed about it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It might not be that bad, I missed paying a parking fine and ended up paying $580 instead. Im fairly sure, it was. although it happened about 5 years ago lol but it defo wasnt a grand or I would have spewed about it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    6. What will be the consequences if the fixed penalty has not been cleared after the due date prescribed in the Notice Demanding Payment of Fixed Penalty (Form 2)?

If the driver or vehicle owner after receiving a Notice Demanding Payment of Fixed Penalty (Form 2) neither makes the payment nor disputes liability before the due date prescribed in the notice, an order will be applied by the Police in accordance with the law to order the vehicle owner to pay double fixed penalty plus cost in total sum of HK$1080. Besides, any request for paying the original penalty after the due date will not be accepted by the Police. The court will, at the same time, make an order directing Commissioner for Transport and Commissioner of Police to freeze the following rights of the vehicle owner:

Commissioner for Transport will refuse to issue or renew the vehicle owner’s driving licence and vehicle licence;
    Commissioner for Transport will refuse the application made by the vehicle owner for the transfer of any vehicle registered in his/her name;
    Commissioner of Police will refuse the application made by the vehicle owner for the issue of traffic conviction record.

The above restrictions will continue until all the penalty prescribed in the court order has been paid.

yes thats what they say... but just pay the original now at the ATM... it may slip through.... if not they will issue you a reminder...

Exactly the same thing happened to me, late by a day. I had to go to a court house in Admiralty, I think? You pay it in person to the SHROFF. I can't remember there being any penalty to be honest....if there was, it wasn't that big!