Like Tree8Likes

Why blur plates on car ads?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The only form I know to do that is the one to check if a car (plate) is free of claims (ie all tickets paid, possibly also no third party claim like bank) before you buy it.

But that form requires the signature of the current owner and his details if I am not wrong. Memory is not the best though, I could be wrong.

Last edited by 100LL; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Another good reason I blurred plates was lets say I own a Civic, someone is geniunely interested in the car but the price is too high etc. Same person rings you up to ask where he can see the car, is it parked on roads or carparks etc. Then the same person could key the car or damage the car while ur not around.

Sure the police will " investigate" and ull be left with a car that noone wants except the same guy offers you a better deal but way lower than before. Could be a rare case but I can imagine it happening here.

Sounds likely...

()

First I've heard about it ......re ' meds ' post....

Moving right along lol

I thought of another reason why some used car advertisers blur their number plates. The owner of the car lists his/her car with a number of ' agents, ' so they all blur the plate out in any ad photos.

This is to appear like they are the only one who has said car for sale... Sharp eyes can spot the same car, sometimes they use the same set of photos, doh !

Last edited by Skyhook; 04-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.