Like Tree1Likes

Getting a mainland driving licence

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    alanhku

Getting a mainland driving licence

Has anyone managed to successfully convert his/her hk driving licence to a mainland china one? (Without a home return permit)

I've spent some time searching the (English language) internet but can't find a definitive guide on how to apply, and I'm getting a lot of conflicting info. (Is a medical required, for example?)

I can arrange it for you for 9000HKD

HK-PR can convert their driving license. There was even a shop selling the service in Luohu some time ago. Not sure if it's still there.

You live in China now and not Hong Kong anymore?

Driving schools in United Centre (Admiralty) can do it for you. Think they quoted about 6000-ish in Oct 2011.

Original Post Deleted
    When I wasn't a permanent resident, I
    used leekin in admiralty. It was 6k, and they said 4 weeks. In the end it took 7 weeks. Drove in shangdong without issue. I was even stopped by the police once, and no extra questions.
    Titus likes this.

alanhku

Nah I'm still living in HK and only have the L-class China visa. I go to shenzhen every week or so (pleasure, not work), so could be fun to go for a drive out of the urban SZ area for a change.

Thanks for the info about the agencies, but I was hoping to go and do it myself in SZ. 6k is something I can't afford.

Has anyone tried going to the guangdong public security bureau in SZ to apply directly for a licence? What paperwork would I need to bring? Is an address proof required?

Unless you really need to get a licence then I wouldn't bother. Though, I never converted my licence from a HK licence and it may be easier than what I needed to do.

alanhku

Yes, I really want to get a mainland driving licence. I'll probably have to take some annual leave to sort it out. Any assistance in the steps needed to apply would be much appreciated!

can you read and write Chinese????

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast