Like Tree84Likes

FAQ: Riding a Motorcycle in Hong Kong *READ THIS FIRST*

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Hello fellow riders! Just wondering how many of you will go to the motorcycle show in Central this Sunday? The show starts at 7am I think in the middle of Chater road. Please let me know if any of you would like to go in group, I would love to meet you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lanre:
    awesome thread!

i just bought a Honda NC700X and would love to go riding with some people sometime. As such, a great addition to this would be to add details of english forums, bike clubs, maybe someone set up a meetup or something...

if anyone fancies a weekend ride sometime, holla!!
    Hi, I also got a new Honda bike recently, I would love to go ride with you sometime. Please been careful with your bike, make sure you get some nice alarm locks, NC700 is actually the most stolen motorcycle model for the past 2 months according to HK police.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcheese:
    Hi, I also got a new Honda bike recently, I would love to go ride with you sometime. Please been careful with your bike, make sure you get some nice alarm locks, NC700 is actually the most stolen motorcycle model for the past 2 months according to HK police.
    Hey thanks for the heads up! I got theft insurance and good security so hopefully should be OK. fingers crossed!

PM me if you wanna go riding cos I'm very new to riding in HK!!
    Hotcheese likes this.

We are out tomorrow morning, HK side riding from Wanchai down to Shek O, 9 am start. 3 of us so far. PM me if anybody interested in tagging along.

I'm on a Grasstracker so will be last into Shek O

Will wander down to the Bike show about 12-30 but leave the bike at home.

PS Great place for tools: RS Components online. They deliver free and I just bought a socket set, ring spanners etc. Torque wrench on its way.

Anybody know a good place for general maintenance stuff like oil, grease, chain lube, metal polish etc HK side? It's a bit of a hike to East Kowloon..

Last edited by pariah; 26-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.

hike ? its less than 3 mins ride from the x harbour tunnel entrance..... so its all of 15 mins from central..

U might be able to pick up bits from any motor cycle repair shop - ( think Okiboy has recommended a place a few times )

but wont have anything like the range of motofart

Kelly motors on Caroline hill road carries all that stuff, but selection will be limited.

I'll be going to the show after watching the GP race at one...so 230ish

This might be a stupid question, where do you guys wash and lube your bike? I tried to do it in the parking lot and almost got kicked out because my water is making a mess.

I have the shop do it when I get anything else done.....or just drop by every couple weeks for a wash and chain maintenance.

Garages here won't let you do anything with liquids. Even dry-installs are frowned upon in most places.

u can ride up fei ngo shan... theres water comin out the springs.. nice view as well..

or u can go park near a public toilet an use water from there.

i personally wash my bike once every couple of years

lubing I do it on the street where I park my bike - I have a car jack I got for $40 in Reclaimation street.. just raise the rear enough to spin it.,,

actually I sometimes just lean it over on the side stand.. but its tricky to do unless someone is helpin u spray..

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast