Like Tree2Likes

Where do you guys fix your ride ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Loki you also forget that quite a few of us are married to HK Chinese partners, so if things are lost in translation, I give the missus the phone to explain what I want, then its all good.
    Same here especially if they give out Chinese written quotes, just take a picture of it and send it to the misses to decipher
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Same here especially if they give out Chinese written quotes, just take a picture of it and send it to the misses to decipher
    hahahahhahaa very funny, but soooo true !
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Yep plenty of the small ones speak enough English, I deal with a very tiny single car workshop in Yuen Long, been using him for 8 years and he's been fine. He charges me a lot less than the Gweilo garages.
    I did try a gweilo Garage in Sai Kung once but he tried to charge me $900 for a $350 job and I just wont deal with them now. I prefer to deal with the Chinese owned garage next door lol who I have given a lot of work to over the years, mainly body/paint work for cars I have bought and on sold/exported.
    rip offs is everywhere, back in NYC, same body work, quotes from 1.5K to 3K USD. and the 1.5K shop actually has the highest rating on Yelp/word of mouth than anybody else. I'm a car guy so I know how to tell between a shitty job to an outstanding job. Best job I've seen can cost 10K+, but for 1.5K, it's already better than most that I've ever seen.

Loki you also forget that quite a few of us are married to HK Chinese partners, so if things are lost in translation, I give the missus the phone to explain what I want, then its all good.
    If you want to survive and enjoy HK, you have to have a " I wont be defeated," type of attitude. Being a sook, or just giving up at the first sign of trouble, is for bed wetters....
    that is true. I never thought about that! lol !