Like Tree40Likes

u think can get away with this e bike?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

u think can get away with this e bike?

http://dysonbikes.com.au/portfolio-i...electric-bike/

be awesome to use on the mountain bike trails etc. --->but is it legal u reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    but is it legal u reckon?
    Nope. All e-bikes, or more correctly the usage of e-bikes, is illegal here.
    chris_yang22, Skyhook and Titus like this.

wow that totally sucks! but r the plod switched on about this, it does *look* like a normal bike..

if i ride one what offence would it be classed under? points on driving license or other?

Quote Originally Posted by dyson:
    The Junma Mountain folding electric bike is perfect for someone who enjoys riding, but not hills or head winds!
    What will they invent next, a bike with no pedals just for downhill?

This bike appears to be electrically assisted pedaling only, is that still considered an "electric bicycle"?

To me this almost defeats the purpose of a bicycle but I guess it would be good to have this power available for the last few miles home after a long trip.

waht a load of miserable sods in the TD.

stoob mate I am coming from it from the motorbike aspect - the concept of pedals seems a bit backward to me

but I will forgive that inadequacy if i can ride thru some of those mountian bike trails

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    This bike appears to be electrically assisted pedaling only, is that still considered an "electric bicycle"?
    If anyone is genuinely interested in this question please drop me a PM. There is an active community in Hong Kong who are very interested in the answer to this question...

I would think if you were pedaling it no one would know but if going uphill at 30kph and not pedaling probably.

scrambler likes this.

is it so hard to understand. The TD says very clearly....NONE

Under the Road Traffic Ordinance (Cap. 374), the use of motor cycle and motor tricycle on roads in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region requiries a licence. It will be necessary to pass type approval of such motor cycle and motor tricycle on eg. lightings, brake systems etc match stipulated standards. Also under Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations, the Commissioner for Transport reserves the rights to determine the suitablity of vehicles for roadworthiness. The driver should possess valid driving licence for motor cycle and motor tricycle. Electric skateboard and electric bike currently available for sale in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (electrical or petrol driver) fail to meet the above statutory requirements. Transport Department has licensed NONE of these products. It is an offence to drive or use unregistered and unlicensed vehicles on road under Section 52 of the Road Traffic Ordinance (Cap.374). Commission of the offence is subject to a fine of $5,000 and imprisionment for 3 months.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast