Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lootoo
  • 1 Post By Gruntfuttock
  • 1 Post By shri

Import royal enfiled from india

Closed Thread

Import royal enfiled from india

I talked with a guy from india they said they can export royal enfiled motorcycle from india..I asked him the price for classic 500 and he told me it will cost me usd 3475 which is around hkd 25000 including shipping charge and I think thats fair enough..i haven't seen any royal enfiled motorcycle in hk or does anyone here own royal enfiled In hk?also will it be able to pass the hk standard?

I've seen them. I saw a guy riding one last week--a 2001 model, which I could not believe, but it was true. It looked straight out of the 1940s. You can do a personal import once evey five years, which does not include emissions or noise tests, but does inlcude a road-worthiness test. Otherwise, you can get a 1992 or older model (which will look exactly the same!) in under the classic exemption. However, importing anything is a huge hassle, if my experience is anything to go by...

Sunjoke653 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    You can do a personal import once evey five years, which does not include emissions or noise tests, but does inlcude a road-worthiness test.
    Only if you have owned it for 6 months in a country you have also been resident in.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Only if you have owned it for 6 months in a country you have also been resident in.
    Sorry, forgot about that detail...

But now I have no idea how that 2001 bike got here. It's unlikely the guy owned it prior to import, it's not 20 years old and there's no way it could pass Euro4 emissions tests. Any ideas?

If it is from India, any document proving pretty much anything can be purchased for a reasonable price.

Sunjoke653 likes this.

Thanks everyone for replying to my post. ..its a great help from you guys. ..

Do you think the newer model will pass the test?

Well, I was told that EPD would not even test my '90s-era Hondas because there was "no way" they would pass...

I am in the process of registering my imported Buell and asked the Environmental Protection Department about importing a new motorcycle from China. The lady said if it was manufactured within 1 year of importation and has COC certification they will let it in.

I don't know if customs department, environment department, and transportation department all agree though.

If EPD really would let it in, then the TD and the C&E will probably go along--in my experience the three agencies do not step on one another's toes. TD would test the roadworthiness, however, and C&E would then assess the First Registration Tax. Good luck!