Like Tree15Likes

Stolen car

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

OK, if you are going to buy 3rd party ins yourself (assuming you are over 25 yrs and got local license for over 2 years) and the 7 seater is something like a 2000CC type car, you are looking at 2500HKD to 3000HKD with 10K deductible. The cheapest way to get yourself insured is asking your BIL to be the principle driver and add you as named driver, so you can enjoy the whatever NCB (max 60%) your BIL got. The draw back is, if you crashed, your BIL NCB will be gone and he will probably gonna kill you.

Oxygen likes this.

At first he called the police and posted photos etc on Facebook asking people to look out for his car. I friend of his is a shadowy person. He was telling him the story if the stolen car.

His friend then asked around his shadey friends and later came back and said I've found the guys who stole your car. They want 10K to give it back and a promise from the shadey world that it won't be stolen again.

He was not exactly happy about paying the money but equally felt he could not then tell the police that he's friend had found out who stole the car.

As I said something may smell of fish and its not the fish. He is sure his friend was not in on it and he knows him better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    OK, if you are going to buy 3rd party ins yourself (assuming you are over 25 yrs and got local license for over 2 years) and the 7 seater is something like a 2000CC type car, you are looking at 2500HKD to 3000HKD with 10K deductible. The cheapest way to get yourself insured is asking your BIL to be the principle driver and add you as named driver, so you can enjoy the whatever NCB (max 60%) your BIL got. The draw back is, if you crashed, your BIL NCB will be gone and he will probably gonna kill you.
    Yes I'm thinking of paying the access to upgrade his insurance to 3rd party, fire and theft.

I'm 45 been driving in UK for 20 years. First year in HK so still using my UK licence I need to convert this to HK licence.

There is no 3rd party fire and theft here. Just third party or fully comp. You can transfer NCD from UK to HK.

Oxygen likes this.

Thanks for all the info guys/galls,
    Much appreciated