Like Tree24Likes

what would u do?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    What you're saying, flameproof, isn't logical.
    That's the problem with the roundabouts in HK.

Since people now got fixated with the one in Hang Hau, it even gets worse:

Coming from Hang Hau the first exit (towards TKO + tunnel) has a white line between the lanes. But that white line ain't long enough to prevent the cars on the right line to make a left exit.

Roads should not be designed by people that use mainly the MTR.

I saw they put cones down the white lines goin towards the T K O hospital..'

not sure i like since I can see an occasion when I would want to break the law ( avoid collision for example )

Last edited by scrambler; 16-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Coming from Hang Hau the first exit (towards TKO + tunnel) has a white line between the lanes. But that white line ain't long enough to prevent the cars on the right line to make a left exit.
    The white line previously wasnt there, it then suddenly appeared out of the blue, it did cause some people that usually ext from the right side lane towards the tko tunnel exit to suddenly stop or ignore the line, after a few days they shortened it.

Couldn't find the leaflet, apparently other half is having a trial Zen period when driving in consideration of his blood pressure so he threw it out. But something similar is on the TD website: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/...uts/index.html Although it is not as direct as the leaflet about who gives way, but maybe the leaflet has been deleted because it wasn't up to the job, as it doesn't exist in the online leaflets page on the TD website.

When you're on a roundabout you have to assume that everyone is operating without a brain. Any exit could be taken, from any lane, with any combination of indicator.

INXS, kimwy66 and 100LL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dive852:
    When you're on a roundabout you have to assume that everyone is operating without a brain. Any exit could be taken, from any lane, with any combination of indicator.
    To be fair, drivers go seldom anti clockwise.

People here are obsessed with double white lines many of which, IMO, ought to be only enforced at peak times.....anyway....the number one fecking problem in HK is undertaking, everyone does it and it causes accidents.

Undertaking on roundabouts is about as stupid as it gets...undertaking on motorways near junctions.....ffs......underfeckingtaking.......ne xt time I see the cops doing it I'm sticking it on YouTube, sick of it...

If you're wondering, it's illegal...

Last edited by INXS; 16-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    People here are obsessed with double white lines many of which, IMO, ought to be only enforced at peak times.....anyway....the number one fecking problem in HK is undertaking, everyone does it and it causes accidents.

Undertaking on roundabouts is about as stupid as it gets...undertaking on motorways near junctions.....ffs......underfeckingtaking.......ne xt time I see the cops doing it I'm sticking it on YouTube, sick of it...

If you're wondering, it's illegal...
    yeh but

its true about the white lines tho- an undertakin is essential in my opinion.. junctions an view obstructions must be carefully considered
    Last edited by scrambler; 16-08-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: excuse friday nearly wine oclock
    INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    I saw they put cones down the white lines goin towards the T K O hospital..'
    Most of those cones have already been hit by vehicles and gone missing

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5