Like Tree80Likes

Your bike pics

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

here's the job I did on my wife's bike - first go at welding...

wished I'd painted the subframe better tho- I had the tank professionally sprayed...

should have done the rear wheel as well...

yeh she requested the top box...

wtbhotia and Titus like this.

Friggin top-box.....lol. I love the meaty back tires on the TW's. I showed one to ms.oki and she said, "hell yeah, I'd ride that thing".

Never did post a pic, so here we go:

And have some Rizoma grips and barend mirrors on order

Any idea how to get those downpipes back to a sheen, or not worth the bother?

elbow grease - and autosol.

bother? hmm depends if u ride in the rain or not.

( some ppl suggested wire wool.. not sure.. I just blacked mine out )

Akael likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Never did post a pic, so here we go:

And have some Rizoma grips and barend mirrors on order

Any idea how to get those downpipes back to a sheen, or not worth the bother?
    not worth the bother.

Lemme know how those rizoma grips work out. I've been eyeing them but keep sticking with conventional, sticky rubber grips instead. Worried that if the rizomas wear, you have to buy full, new replacements. (And they ain't cheap!)

Cheers, have been known to ride in the rain, might just wait till they go black then they'll match the bike heh.

Getting the sportline grips, end caps, and reverse retro mirrors. Will take some pics and let you know how it works out. Still got a few months of P plate left, it gets scarier the closer you get to freedom :P

The cops have been pretty hot on speeders, lately. Watch your arse....dont wanna keep that plate for another year! If you're worried about your pipes, you could always wrap em? Id like to get mine coated, but I dont think anyone in HK does jet-hot coatings.

Ive got the bar ends on both of my bikes, and had em on my previous Honda, too. Rizoma stuff is second to none on fit and finish. Better not be for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:
    The cops have been pretty hot on speeders, lately. Watch your arse....dont wanna keep that plate for another year! If you're worried about your pipes, you could always wrap em?
    they gonna have to learn some new tricks?! cos standing in the road wearin fluro isnt overly subtle. they also always road block the same places....

they have a code of conduct requiring a place to block off or pull traffic into ( dual carrigeway especially loved ) and no turn offs between the 'net' and the guys with the fishing poles... also they wont fish in their spot if there are roadworks..

they also prefer a down hill.. preferably after a speed reduction - ie 70 to a 50...

an yeah the P plate anxiety does increase as u approach 'freedom' - if u dont go over 15Kph u will be fine.. must be hard on a triple tho

hate those wrapped exhausts.. worse than a topbox IMHO

What about a wrapped topbox?

The triple breaks the speed limit without me even trying, so generally I keep it in a lower gear so it at least sounds like it's going fast lol. Every time I've been out recently I see someone in my rear view with a dash cam and then get paranoid it might be cops, and then I get paranoid that everyone is a cop. The street's engine just whines, I think it's upset I'm not riding it properly. Saw a few of the speed cops around, wonder why they don't adopt the ghillie suit option reportedly seen at route twisk? Glad they don't though, not that I'm ever speeding on highways/straights. Wheelies on the other hand...

The rizoma parts had better be built to withstand atmospheric re-entry at the price They look beautiful in the pics I've seen.

By the way, never ride up past Tuen Mun and towards the Black Point Power Station - lovely long road with noone on it that looks great but is covered in thick muck that the landfill trucks will spit up and end up covering your bike in sticky clay. Handwashing that off wasn't fun.

Last edited by Akael; 31-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    The rizoma parts had better be built to withstand atmospheric re-entry at the price They look beautiful in the pics I've seen.
    I love em.....just dont pay the local prices for them. Craziness!!

Titus likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast