Like Tree80Likes

Your bike pics

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

if your coming through choi hung towards clear water bay, I recommend you go up to Fei Ngo Shan (one way road system), great view of kowloon peninsula and HK island on a clear day, the road come back after a big loop back to clear water bay road.

scrambler likes this.

Yeah I was looking on the street view at that road, really nice at the top where they've trimmed all the greenery! Will visit that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Sounds great! I'm still abstaining from group rides due to my probation period, don't want to risk anything until it's over! After that though absolutely.

Having a look at the best biking roads website again, I notice a couple more have been added, one way up in the NT. Looks interesting. I've never been up Kowloon Peak, surprised you can actually drive up there, google street view shows some nice scenery. I was scouring the map for something interesting and it looks like this could be nice. At the very end there's a narrow path that seems to wind its way up Castle Peak. Street view shows no signs suggesting you can't ride up it, anyone tried? Might go exploring there soon. Here's a pic from a nearby spot just up the path.

Btw I tried going the south way, through Tuen Mun and through the landfill. Wouldn't recommend it, all the trucks and crap on the floor = your bike gets coated in crap.

Edit: wait a sec, is that the dirt bike place?

dirt bike place is on the other side- but u can go up an over from there on a dirt bike if u know the secret entrance... :-) its actually a brilliant ride but not for the faint of heart!

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    if your coming through choi hung towards clear water bay, I recommend you go up to Fei Ngo Shan (one way road system), great view of kowloon peninsula and HK island on a clear day, the road come back after a big loop back to clear water bay road.
    yeh thats an awesome ride - jus take corners wide to lengthen your line of site - pedestrians here dont always do the smart thing - they sumtimes scurry to the 'wrong side'

there's actually another way up from diamond hill as well - worth seeekin out - altho it does share the same descent and exit thru Jat's incline

Hmm maybe I should get a cheap dirt bike and play around up there

scrambler likes this.

dirt bikinis great way to improve riding skills...

this is good bike to start on ...

http://www2.ibike.com.hk/buysell/buy...p?itemid=94271

there's a CRM for 10k - but they are quite high maintenance - the power output is also quite high since its 2stroke... so some say not ideal beginner bike.. ( u will get tired kickstartin the CRM )

XR has electric

why not go hire a dirt bike? X camp or the MX club off Fan Kam road

this is seriously tempting!

http://www2.ibike.com.hk/buysell/buy...p?itemid=94563

88k tho!

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    dirt bikinis
    Sir, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

I might go up to MX Club at some point to have a go, certainly not looking to make any big investments right now! Always looked like fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Sir, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

I might go up to MX Club at some point to have a go, certainly not looking to make any big investments right now! Always looked like fun though.

hahah - think it was supposed to be 'dirt biking is ' a great way to improve

yeh 700 for 2 hours I think.. search for MX club on here somewhere...

I'm heading to MX Club this sat as a stag party do, paint balling and dirt biking is the game woohooo

shoot to kill the groom

http://www.mxclub.com.hk/clubs/pro-bike

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast