Cleaning Interior Smell from Car

Closed Thread

Cleaning Interior Smell from Car

Anyone know someone or someplace who does serious interior cleaning of cars? Mold, Mildew remediation type stuff?

Parked car all summer and mold ran amok...

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

ha, no. Problem is far worse than that...

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    ha, no. Problem is far worse than that...
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 12-12-2013 at 08:34 AM.

There is also this technique (watch till the end, its funny):

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

You really mean this...

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Anyone know someone or someplace who does serious interior cleaning of cars? Mold, Mildew remediation type stuff?

Parked car all summer and mold ran amok...

Any car park car washing place that has access to a carpet steam cleaning unit would be the first plan of attack for a car that hasn't been stored properly in a damp environment.

Once all the carpets have been done, then I'd clean all the seats dash, door skins etc with soap and water as a first step, then once buffed dry with a microfiber cloth, then I would apply Maguiars Natural shine protectant over the dash, console, door skins, inside door pillars etc, then get some leather cleaner ( if the seats are leather ) and once you've done that, apply a decent leather conditioner/nourisher into the seats. The combination of which should give the car a fresher smell, but I find spraying a bit of Maguiars Odour eliminator under the front seats, also around the rear seat foot wells and liberally sprayed over the boot carpet etc gets rid of that musty smell.

Once that has all been done I'd then proceed to putting some of those Japan store modular moisture removal boxes in the car, one in the boot, 2 or 3 in the cabin and change them periodically so you don't get a car full of mold again.