Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Skyhook
  • 2 Post By kimwy66

Expired vehicle registration.

Closed Thread

Expired vehicle registration.

Just noticed today that my cars motor vehicle license expired 4 days ago.
    I have downloaded the forms etc. Does this all get done by post? Also what fine/penalties/risks am I looking at now the car has an expired document?
    Car is in the wifes name and she she flew to Karachi this morning so wont be able to get a 'original' signature of her till late next week.

No penalties if you don't use it. You can go down to Admiralty and get it done on the spot. They ask you to declare you haven't used the vehicle, and the new license starts from today's date. If you say you have used it then it starts from expiry of the last one.

Trance Omega and Tom007 like this.

Download the vehicle license renewal form, get your wife to sign the back to state that the car has not been driven during the few days that have lapsed, and just pay for a new license fee. No fine will apply. Providing the vehicle is 6 or less years old you wont need to book your car for an MOT inspection.

Otherwise, while your wife is away you are going to have to organise via a garage/workshop for them to pop a set of T plates on the car and have the car taken for its MOT inspection appointment, and get that before you re-license the car. Martin who you already know can organise that should you need it.

Last edited by Skyhook; 18-03-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Trance Omega and Tom007 like this.

Thanks guys.

if you dont need to use it then just wait for the mrs to come back, on the back of the renewal form is an area where you state the dates the that car reg expired that it was not used. easy peasy, as long as you didnt really use it and get flashed speeding then you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Just noticed today that my cars motor vehicle license expired 4 days ago.
    I have downloaded the forms etc. Does this all get done by post? Also what fine/penalties/risks am I looking at now the car has an expired document?
    Car is in the wifes name and she she flew to Karachi this morning so wont be able to get a 'original' signature of her till late next week.
    i did the same on my previous car focus, you need explain that you forgot about it, a slap on the wrist,