Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reprazent

I'm 20,should i get my drivers license now

Closed Thread

I'm 20,should i get my drivers license now

So I've been hearing rumors of how you get some discounts depending on when you get your drivers license .. Should i get my license now to get those benefits? Where should i start? I'm a complete rookie and want someplace cheap since i am still a student on a budget.. I might get a car within 100k in a few years(3 to 5 years)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

I've never come across discounts. Do you live in a remote place? If not, why get a car?

In my opinion, driver license helps when you are looking for a job, also if you just wanna chill out with some buddies midnight. Insurance rates are determined by your age, driving record and also when you first got your license, so it helps if you get insurance when you're 20.

Quote Originally Posted by chujoshua:
    In my opinion, driver license helps when you are looking for a job, also if you just wanna chill out with some buddies midnight. Insurance rates are determined by your age, driving record and also when you first got your license, so it helps if you get insurance when you're 20.
    Do they vary significantly according to when you get ur license?

what benefits? either way, I would recommend getting your license as soon as you can.

scrambler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfay:
    I've never come across discounts. Do you live in a remote place? If not, why get a car?
    question was should get licence..

absolutely! u can still take buses taxi an MTR if u have a drivers license

and if u go on holiday - sometimes hiring a car is exactly what u need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Alz:
    So I've been hearing rumors of how you get some discounts depending on when you get your drivers license .. Should i get my license now to get those benefits?
    What discounts, for what benefits???

Can ya enlighten us a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    What discounts, for what benefits???

Can ya enlighten us a bit more.
    Apparently i was misinformed, there are only the insurance rates that are determined by when u get ur license.