Like Tree5Likes

Selling and buying motorcycle

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling and buying motorcycle

Finally decided to sell my motorcycle and buy a POS alley parkable moto.

What to do?

Meet at transportation department and swap cash at the same time?

Insurance, will TD transfer a new moto to me without having it insured under my name first?

Deposit, do people leave a deposit or just meet at TD?

Any advice will be appreciated.Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1412831222.886278.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  259.1 KB

1. Meet at TD and swap cash, sign transfer of ownership form
    2. Must have minimum 3rd party insurance to be able to transfer ownership (Cover note will be accepted by TD)
    3. Can ask for or give deposit, doesnt always work

imparanoic likes this.

Thanks, sounds easy enough.

ah you're selling your bike that you imported from the states, I remember that thread from last year.

Contact Simon Vallance on FB to see if anyone is interested in your bike.

u could also try man wai motors - they will sell your bike on commision - they like exotic bikes there - dont worry they have hugely inflated prices

U interested in a Hornet 600? runs just fine - I had it for 5 years - but I am not really riding it much these days - its fast - reliable and a bit of a rat u can park anywhere...

( more likely to go on my CRM up in the woods )

Transferring the moto, is there an agency that will do it or does it have to be done at the TD? Any dependable recommendations in Kowloon?

if you buy from a dealer they will handle it themselves by going to the TD for you after you have signed documents.

if its private sale then you have to go to TD yourself.

according to form u can post it,,, but I think it leaves you wide open for a shafting somehow -thats why its keys and papers annd cash at TD..

when I bought my bike - the guy was so paranoid we had to have a chain lock from each of us on the bike - he thought I was gonna rob him or somethin,,,

JohnHK39 and wtbhotia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    according to form u can post it,,, but I think it leaves you wide open for a shafting somehow -thats why its keys and papers annd cash at TD..

when I bought my bike - the guy was so paranoid we had to have a chain lock from each of us on the bike - he thought I was gonna rob him or somethin,,,
    Ha ha, I just finished transfer of a new moto at the TD, I would not want to whip out a large amount of money around the customers in there!! There is a big sign that states beware of pickpockets so apparently a few people have been robbed.

The lady that I bought my scoot from did not even ask to see if I brought money before changing it into my name, I must look honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    The lady that I bought my scoot from did not even ask to see if I brought money before changing it into my name, I must look honest.
    Ha Ha Scrambler does look a bit dodgy Wahey!!!
    scrambler likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast