Like Tree21Likes

Cars that speed up as you try to overtake them

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cars that speed up as you try to overtake them

I'm guessing we've all been there... a car in front which is dawdling 10-15 km/h below the limit, it won't pull over into the slow lane, so you indicate to show your intention to move (yes, I know a novel idea) then the moment you cross into the 'fast' lane to overtake they speed up to match your speed!

What gives??

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Because it's a race. Shhhhhhh...

Same everywhere around the world sadly....not sure why but I have noticed that pretty much everywhere I've been.

Dumb,

chingleutsch likes this.

the "me first" culture, I get the same when I walk in the street, people who accelerate to go pass you and then walk turtle zombie speed and block you from passing them.

tinlissie likes this.

I just find it such a weird mentality.

Yes (Claire) Maybe it is a race. But the race only starts when you 'accept' the challenge. By trying to overtake a slow car you have just unwittingly accepted the challenge - and the race is on!

driver faster, cut in front, slam on brakes, open up pop corn and sit back to watch the fireworks from the rear driver

Those fireworks may on your rear end.

solution: buy a more powerful car, RACE ON!

wtbhotia, Mat and scrambler like this.

I don't drive in HK but this was certainly very prevalent back in UK when I drove.

The first time is happened to me was when I first passed my test and did a motorway driving session with my instructor. The car in front of me was doing 65 in a 70mph motorway so I pulled out to overtake, the car matched my speed and I couldn't overtake (or I'd be speeding) so I pulled back. Once I did he slowed down again..... This happened another 3 times before my instructor said he is being a dick just go past him. I eventually had to go 90mph before I could overtake him.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Those fireworks may on your rear end.
    If they do rear end you, its still their fault for not keeping a safe distance.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast