Like Tree16Likes

How much is this car worth?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    fuel cost as well, weekend drive only for a s320 probably spend around HK$1800 per month, a s500 probably around HK$3300!
    Not necessarily. An S500 you'd literally be tickling the throttle. A 320 you'd be mashing regular to get moving. You may well find you use less.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Not necessarily. An S500 you'd literally be tickling the throttle. A 320 you'd be mashing regular to get moving. You may well find you use less.

That's assuming the traffic is moving at a decent pace. Most likely they will be spending a lot of their time at idle or crawling along at low speeds (in town anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    That's assuming the traffic is moving at a decent pace. Most likely they will be spending a lot of their time at idle or crawling along at low speeds (in town anyways).
    Agreed with that. For the last 4000 km my average speed is less than 60km/h and I do mostly highway

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:

Yes like the above said only if you're cruising and not in stop and go traffic. Stopping and acceleration that extra 50 pounds from a V8 does add up in poor fuel consumption not to mention the higher burn rate at idle unless you have cylinder deactivation or turning off the car at stop lights

That's why I said in another post if someone is getting a XC90 as a weekend only car and they drive only highways from Tung Chung into Kowloon/island AND they time their departure early in the morning to avoid getting stuck once they get into the city core, it's probably all right if they get the gas guzzler versus a Honda minivan
    Last edited by Titus; 01-04-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4