Motorcycles - converting to full licence

Question Motorcycles - converting to full licence

I'm due to take my final motorcycle test (on road practical) next month and will hopefully get my probationary license shortly after..

Since my job location is quite flexible and by its nature may require me to move out of HK at a moment's notice, can I apply to convert to full license during a return holiday trip i.e no longer resident here? It'd be annoying spending nearly a year and a lot of cash if I couldn't get my full license at the end of it because I had to move out of HK.

For motor cycle, motor tricycle, private car or light goods vehicle, you must apply for a full driving licence within 3 years from the date of your completion of the probationary driving period. Otherwise, you must re-take and pass the relevant driving test to obtain a new probationary driving licence to drive that vehicle class and complete the probationary driving period again before you can apply for full driving licence.
    http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/com...e-fillable.pdf

good luck on your upcoming test.

Thanks! It seems you can post an application to convert to full license but on the form that I fill in there isn't an area to state 'country', so could you assume it's HK only? However in the notes they say you only need to bring a passport / travel documents if you don't have an HKID. Hmmm...