Like Tree26Likes

Rude driver rating.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rude driver rating.

This is just from my personal experience as a motorcycle rider. In the US I would rate BMW/Porsche at the top with MB being a lot lower.

People with "baby on board" sticker/sign- 90-100%

Mercedes-Benz- 70-80%

Delivery van- 65-75%

BMW- 50-60%

Porsche- 20-30%

Taxi- Too many to count.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

i am very confused

100LL and jimbo like this.

Does 100% mean rude or not rude?

These are my personal ratings as a motorcyclist. If I am riding and see a "Baby on board" sign on the vehicle, 90-100% of the time the driver will not signal before turning, change lanes without looking, stuff me into the next lane, or position their vehicle to prevent filtering(lane splitting).

On my 1200cc motorcycle it is comical but on my 150cc commuter scooter(67km/liter) it is annoying having MB drivers drag race every stop light, then change into my lane right before the next light.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

IN HK:

Profession drivers (minibus, taxis, lowries...) are the worst
    Private drivers come a close second (ie these guys driving Alphard etc etc)
    The "normal drivers" and here I can't see any difference between a VW driver or a BMW driver of a Mazda driver.

jimbo and hin23leung like this.

Note to self, get rid of the BABY ON BOARD sign in an ALFART

I feel like a complete moron every now and then... often wondering if I stick out and attract idiot drivers, just because I use the turn signal (when I'm changing lanes... or turning... surprise surprise!), don't tailgate and actually attempt to slow down when the traffic light turns yellow.

Having said that ... I do tend to give motorcyclists / bikes the middle finger as they tend to think that the gap between two cars, in the two lanes is a magical third lane for them, at the stop lights. If I am the first at the light, I've planned to accelerate and get away from the crowd ... if at that point, you sneak up from behind and try to beat me, it is an accident waiting to happen.

Zero Gravitas likes this.

Lorry drivers are the worst, then vans, then china number plate cars and then taxis and so on.

hin23leung likes this.

Try riding a bike in HK. It's an eye opener for the terrible driving here. I mean, I knew the drivers were poor, but now I'm certain of it. Most of them have NO idea of the appropriate distance to pass a bike without causing wobbles. They regularly overtake me and they cut across me to turn into roads/car parking spaces/bus stops etc (including huge double decker buses, that are going pretty slowly, just cut across in front of me and park slewed sideways across the road requiring emergency braking to prevent going straight into the back or sides of them).

Of course they also pull out right in front of me too... even when I am already part way across the gap....

Signalling is entirely optional.

There are two points on my journey to/from work where I have to get into the right hand lane in order to (a) go forward (because the left hand lane turns up to a freeway) and b) go right .... both of these if I DARE to move into the right hand lane, all the vehicles start hooting their horns... wft .. do you think I'm going to turn into the freeway you morons?????

I have no ranking system for the idiots. So far I have not actually come across many good drivers except for the drivers of the 53 bus. I have no idea why, but that bus is the only one I have noticed (more than once) that appears to have any idea how to act around bikes. Possibly because it goes all the way to Yuen Long and there are more cyclist up there, not sure. That one actually passed me with a good clearance, and WAITED for me to get out of the way before pulling in a bus stop (more than once). So - gold stars for the KMB 53.... black marks for everyone else.

china plate drivers, idiots

shri, pandu and hin23leung like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast