Like Tree9Likes

Motorbike Towed Away in Public Parking Lot

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Motorbike Towed Away in Public Parking Lot

28 March (Sat) at about 3.45pm... parked my scooter in the legal public motorbike parking lot in Wyndham Street, Central (near Arbuthnot Road) . There were motorbikes in the same parking lot and a few private vehicles parked or waited on the same side of the road. No road block or notices of suspension of the parking lot or the area.
    2 hours later at about 6.15pm, the scooter was being towed away. Reasons from the 2 police officers were the parking lot was temporary suspension and my scooter was forced into this unpleasant situation, blocking the road.

There were bars and restaurants on both sides. Any photos or videos between 3.45pm and 6.15pm, please contact me.

Last edited by English@Kennedy; 09-04-2015 at 12:09 PM.

How could your scooter be in a legal parking space and yet also blocking the road?

That was my reason that I told the 2 police officers.

I assume he means the police suddenly suspending parking by the kerb at that time so his bike was then in the way (of something that needed the whole width of the road to pass).

Exactly.

To be honest if you are intending to fight the towing fine, your energy would be best spent elsewhere. Pay the fine, move on.

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    To be honest if you are intending to fight the towing fine, your energy would be best spent elsewhere. Pay the fine, move on.
    Yep, just accept it as a case of BAD LUCK and move on with your life

I would fight it. If there was no notice, how was he supposed to know the legal parking spot suddenly became illegal? It could happen to anyone.

Chances are he missed the notice. Either way, it would be his word against the officer's unless he could find evidence otherwise. Sure, you could follow up and challenge the officer, start legal proceedings etc etc but all this would take time and money. Is it worth it??

I was there the night before. It was 7s weekend and the cops were clearing out all the bikes/scooters at around 6pm. I'm guessing because they expected a lot of people as it was the 7s weekend, and they wanted traffic to flow smoother? Or to use the bike parking spaces to park police vans. It was definitely Rugby 7s related.

wtbhotia, jmbf and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast