Like Tree4Likes

Car seat covers for VW Golf

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car seat covers for VW Golf

I just bought a used VW Golf 1.4 TSI. I am happy with the car, but the interiors are dirty as the previous owner had little kids. It has cloth seat covers.

Can I get the seat covers washed or cleaned? Any recommendations as to where and how much it might cost?

Alternatively, how much will a replacement set cost? I heard that you could order them online from China. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Typically, you can either hand wash them, in the bath as you dont have proper laundry troughs here, or, if we had coin operated laundromats like we do in Australia, USA, UK & Europe, you'd take large items like this to be washed and then dried in the big industrial dryers.

You could also remove one seat cover and take it to your local manned laundry to see what they will charge. thin fabric seat covers dont usually cost very much, the ones you can buy from the auto depts at K mart / Target / Carrefour / Leroy Merlin and the like, ( unless, they're custom fitted, sheep skin ) even cheaper if bought online through Taobao and delivered to your door in a day or two.

Soooo, wash, or buy, you decide which option works best for you.

Perhaps the original upholstery, under the seat covers, will be clean?

Hmm

I reckon there is a possible lost in translation thing going on here.

Maybe the OP meant the factory fabric seats, if the that material can be removed ie like a sofa cover..... no it cant.

If the factory fabric seats are stained, a visit to a professional valet service and have them go over the seats/carpets etc with a steam cleaner, once thats done and allowed to dry you should be sorted. They'll also thoroughly clean the rest of the interior with spot remover etc. expect to pay around $900 - $1000 ish I'd say.

Once it's all professionally cleaned, just give the interior a light once over and a vacuum once a week from then on.

imparanoic likes this.

Aye, probably

To me "Seat covers" are after market products used by folks to protect the original upholstery, the OP probably does mean the original covering.

Yes, I am sorry, I am not used to the terminology. I think I meant the original factory fabric seats.

@Skyhook, any suggestions as to where to go?

@wtbhotia, Thanks for the link for the leather seat covers. Will check it out and let you all know what I think.

I see some advertisements in Aliexpress (see link below for example). Anyone has any experience with this? Any feedback?

Free Shipping+"Generic Version"Seat Cover For Volkswagen Polo Jetta Bora Santana Vista Lavida Golf With Breathable Material+Logo-in Seat Covers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

We use these guys - 分店位置 | 電腦洗車屋集團 CAR BEAUTICIAN

They have a car interior steam cleaning service, which is what I think would be required for fabric covered seats.

imparanoic likes this.

fabric covers , some limited selection at various car accessories stores nelson st, mk

or

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...h&actsrch=srp3

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...159750?u=hkcah

https://hk.user.auctions.yahoo.com/h...=:hkcah&clf=20

this store

901, 9f

Name: Harrington Building (海林大廈 )

Area: Tsuen Wan, New Territories

Address: 36-50, Wang Wo Tsai Street

cheapo ones, a bit naff, but cheap

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...8&actsrch=srp3

Closed Thread