Like Tree6Likes

Moto registration renewal, late 4 days.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I thought that I would get something in the mail so I could mail in my registration payment, apparently not and it was due 4 days ago. The Gov website has me going around in circles but maybe I need to use a PC.

Is this "no big deal" or am I going to have to present a ton of paperwork again like the first registration?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Is that about the annual car license? If you are late (happen to me once) you need to sign a form that you didn't use the car/moto during that time. That's it. No fine.

Just fill in a vehicle license renewal form and on page 2 just complete the declaration at the top that the bike hasn't been used since the end of license until that date. Take in with registration doc, proof of address, insurance proof and ID and that's it.

JohnHK39 and shri like this.

The TD is gonna check whether you had any tickets during that time. I hope you don't
    Otherwise it's no big deal.

JohnHK39 likes this.

So this is something I have to do in person at TD?

The form you want is here and details of how to apply are explained. http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/com...8(2012.04).pdf

Note: bring an address proof too (electricity bill, water bill, whatever bill...). Although I did manage to talk myself out of that.

JAherbert likes this.

I'm going in tomorrow, funny how a 500HKD 1990 Chinese scooter costs the same to register as a 400,000 dollar 2014 Ducati Panigale does.

My opinion does not count but I think they should stagger by CC's like in cars.

0-150 = $

151-400=$$

401-750=$$$

751-infinity=price they charge now. But then again traffic would be even worse with a bunch of people running around on budget scooters.

wtbhotia likes this.

$1314 per year isnt really breaking the bank + you dont have to do the year MOT like we do for cars but I hear ya and its a good recommendation but again too many changes for the Govt to implement where the Number of Motorbikes in HK doesnt warrent such a big change.

Next week is a big headache and hit to my wallet for my yearly CAR MOT / Road Permit

wtb, I hope you have enough days left on your next MOT. We found out that some rule has been changed and now its roughly taking 4-6 weeks to get your MOT done, as opposed to last year when it was done in 4 days flat. My garage guy himself wasn't aware and he found out there is a faster queue that cost $3000.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast