Like Tree13Likes

Where to get an oil change?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to get an oil change?

I've been to some gas stations that appear to offer oil changes. Has anyone done this before? I think my biggest concern is if they know which oil to put in given I can not communicate this in chinese.

Is this a quick 20 minute job or do you need to leave your car?

go to a garage and ask 我想換機油/want to change engine oil( ngo sheung wun gei yau),

please note high percentage of Kowloon and hk island based garage understand basic english

Cho-man likes this.

Oil can be changed at almost any garage in HK. Yup, gas stations may also offer this service, can't say its better or worse than your average garage, but price may vary.

Do which is more covenient for you, OP. If you can find a trusted garage, they may do it for you cheaper. But if you prefer a gas station because its closer to your home, you can do that too.

Last edited by Cho-man; 30-04-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

P.S-OP, whether it is a quick service job or having to leave your car there depends on how busy the garage or gas station is. If they are not busy, then it should not take longer than half an hour. But if they are busy, then its going to be awhile, and its better to leave your car there and wait for them to call you and pick it up.

Last edited by Cho-man; 30-04-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Oil change is a quick 20 min job and as other have said can be done in nearly all garages and even some Petrol stations like Caltex near my house in Clear Water bay. They speak enough English as a lot of Foreigners use the station.

Depending on your car engine size it should cost aprox 500 - 800.
    800 is my cost for oil, oil filter, air filter change for a 3.0 Engine, the normal oil, you can pay more for

imparanoic, shri and Cho-man like this.

For $800, is that synthetic oil? I'm pretty sure mine uses synthetic. I will try to ask the gas station. I walk by or drive everyday by this one gas station and never once saw someone getting their oil changed so I was wondering why.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    For $800, is that synthetic oil? I'm pretty sure mine uses synthetic. I will try to ask the gas station. I walk by or drive everyday by this one gas station and never once saw someone getting their oil changed so I was wondering why.
    look for petrol stations that have a garage attached to it, they are the ones that will do oil changes, if its just a normal petrol station with just a shop then they will only sell the Oil and usually will not change it for you, topping up oil they will do. Hope this makes sense LOL

for example this petrol station has a LUBE section, try to find one like this.

https://goo.gl/maps/6aoLv
    MandM! likes this.

Thank you. This helped me a lot! Getting it done now.

wtbhotia likes this.

Oil options

More clear photos

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast