Like Tree8Likes

Parking tickets...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

@emx, not disagreeing with you. I have 2 dogs so typically the tickets come when we do hikes. We're gone 10+ hours and I don't necessarily find the car parks convenient or cheaper than a parking ticket.

Enderman likes this.

Most parking meters in the country parks are for 2 hours only anyway. I just park in a nice shady spot and live with the fine.

Exactly. I parked at happy valley racecourse entrance where the meters are. Got a ticket 3.5 hours after I arrived. So wouldn't have mattered regardless. Should have found a nice shady spot haha where the car stays cool. Although at the country parks I have been lucky and no fines yet.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    @emx, not disagreeing with you. I have 2 dogs so typically the tickets come when we do hikes. We're gone 10+ hours and I don't necessarily find the car parks convenient or cheaper than a parking ticket.
    Understand a bit better now.

Dogs + MTR don't mix so well as yet in HK.

I wonder what the fine is for bringing dogs on the mtr haha. I know you can help train a dog and you can bring them on the mtr. I wonder if I could bring him to work too.

Enderman likes this.

I think that's easier said than done.
    Really? Been drivinf 4 over 2 years in HK and never had an issue parking...where do u want to park?

Would be nice to know the car parks with day rates in causeway bay (preferably closer to happy valley or in HV), wan chai (south side of WC), central I pretty much go to airport express or IFC but what about closer to Hollywood Road.

Would be nice to know the car parks with day rates in causeway bay (preferably closer to happy valley or in HV), wan chai (south side of WC), central I pretty much go to airport express or IFC but what about closer to Hollywood Road.
    For example
    http://www.wilsonparking.com.hk/home.php
    And that s just one company

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    It will be faster than that. If you don't pay they'll send you ever increasing bills. Fighting a ticket has to be done in court and is not worth it.

Yes, you'll notice the flash. I always have anyway so far. Takes about 2-3 weeks to get to you. Getting caught with a laser is more likely though and then they'll issue the ticket on the spot.

Doesn't matter where you park, they'll issue a ticket either way. If you park all day, every day then be prepared to get a ticket every day. Especially in Central. They won't tow your car, so that's a plus. Getting a ticket every day comes to about 9600 HKD per month, renting a parking spot is cheaper. I think IFC charges 6000 HKD or so, some places are cheaper.
    I think they can issue you with a ticket every two hours.

I highly doubt that. They can't fine you more than once for ONE offence.