Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 4 Post By wtbhotia
  • 2 Post By Titus
  • 2 Post By wtbhotia

Fake parking tickets?

Closed Thread

Fake parking tickets?

I got a parking ticket 3 weeks ago, but no letter from the police. While doing some research I found this little scam:

A dude got some tickets, he scanned them, removed the data, but kept the ticket number, then changed date and location and put it on an illegally parked car nearby. Idea was that the driver goes to the next 7Eleven or whatever place they can pay and simply pay the fine.

BTW, after talking to the police they told me that they send only a letter if people don't pay, so quick pay, no letter.

Salesman 'printed fake tickets to pass on Hong Kong parking fines to unsuspecting motorists' | South China Morning Post

Genius way of getting others to pay your parking tickets...

Well, genius until you get caught.

ray98, gunsnroses and Titus like this.

Should have been easy to spot though the ticket number contains the date of the ticket as part of the number.

Not that I've had lots of parking tickets .... honest.

I never pay the actual ticket that is stuck to the window, I ALWAYS wait for the letter to be issued to me in the hope that due to some clerical error by the guy writing the ticket that it doesnt get sent to the right person LOL

Waiting for the letter to arrive and then you get 2 weeks to pay the fine, if you miss it then you get SCREWED big time, Actual fine of $320 becomes $960 so dont forget to PAY

shri, Dankleness, ray98 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I never pay the actual ticket that is stuck to the window, I ALWAYS wait for the letter to be issued to me in the hope that due to some clerical error by the guy writing the ticket that it doesnt get sent to the right person LOL

Waiting for the letter to arrive and then you get 2 weeks to pay the fine, if you miss it then you get SCREWED big time, Actual fine of $320 becomes $960 so dont forget to PAY
    $960? More like $1000+! I had to pay 3 of those last year.... I learned my procrastination doesn't pay =P
    Last edited by Titus; 22-05-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    wtbhotia and Zero Gravitas like this.

Really if you wait for a letter, it is still $320? I was worried it would jump so I've always paid them unless I saw an error in my plate number. In that case I got a letter voiding the ticket but I can't be sure which ticket was voided and how to get a refund if I did in fact pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    $960? More like $1000+! I had to pay 3 of those last year.... I learned my procrastination doesn't pay =P
    DOH I was out of town and forgot to pay the letter reminder, its $1080 and the mrs found out, got lots of BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH from her
    Dankleness and Zero Gravitas like this.