Like Tree24Likes

Mazda Mpv vs. Toyota ipsum

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    ok thanks
    btw do you guys think this hybrid color will make it much more difficult for me to sell this car? or at a much lesser price...
    Personally for me, if it was a prestige sports car like a Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini etc and the car was for me, I would steer right away from cars that the owner has deviated away from the original factory paint code. Missing or incomplete factory service history would also kill the deal for me.
    Not worth the risk.

On something like a family hack/truckster, if I bought it for beer money, I wouldn't care if it had been colour changed before, as it's more a matter of utility, than resale value. Having said that, red cars aren't popular amongst locals on everyday cars, as it looks a bit Taxi esq etc. So in your case, it probably wont make any detrimental difference to resale value.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-06-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    rani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Average price for changing a timing belt 'IS' around $4500HKD. You need to also change the water pump and the pulley bearings while you are at it, so $6000 - $7000hkd isn't unusual.

The timing belt kits complete with pulley bearings, gaskets and water pump are usually around $3500 to $4500K. Then add labour. This job needs to be done by somebody experienced, as you are messing around with the timing of the motor, which requires a high degree of common sense and careful methodology.
    timing belt replacement is a tricky job, I know a mate who 6 year old focus ( uk, does delivery for takeaways, heavy mileage) needed one, got a standard garage to do, he said the car was not the same

I got my civic coupe vti done in 2006 by Honda, it was perfect job
    Skyhook likes this.

thanks for the immense help guys
    mechanic says mazda 8 uses a chain (no timing belt) and that chain works ok till 200k KMs. is that so?

12k for replacing back tyres, back suspension and brush, engine mouting, water pump.
    does it sound ok? with repairs, this costs me 70k for a 2006 mazda 8. any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    thanks for the immense help guys
    mechanic says mazda 8 uses a chain (no timing belt) and that chain works ok till 200k KMs. is that so?

12k for replacing back tyres, back suspension and brush, engine mouting, water pump.
    does it sound ok? with repairs, this costs me 70k for a 2006 mazda 8. any comments?
    O.k if it has a timing chain, providing the tensioner is still within its adjustment range, it should last the life of the motor, so if the motor was well maintained, I'd say 400,000km ish before it needed a full motor overhaul. You'd change the chain/tensioner etc when you do a complete engine rebuild. 200,000km sounds unusually premature to me.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-06-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    O.k if it has a timing chain, providing the tensioner is still within its adjustment range, it should last the life of the motor, so if the motor was well maintained, I'd say 400,000km ish before it needed a full motor overhaul. You'd change the chain/tensioner etc when you do a complete engine rebuild. 200,000km sounds unusually premature to me.
    ok cool so for now it should be good. thanks

I bought a 2007 mazda 8 deluxe recently from a single lady owner since new with only 75K on the clock 39K, great deal, nice car but under powered lol

Original Post Deleted
    my mrs is happy about it as I drive her and the kid which means I drive slower LOL

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9