Like Tree7Likes

MOT Expired

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is there generally a substantial waiting time for MOT tests?

If you're willing to pay a bit more and go to the big boys you can get an MOT done within a week still. I imagine Dah Chong Hong can have you back on the road within a week. I just had mine done in a week through my new mechanic.

My old mechanic reckoned 2 months....bye!

wtbhotia and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Is there generally a substantial waiting time for MOT tests?
    It's back to 1-2 weeks.
    Lord Dashwood and wtbhotia like this.

If the vehicle license has expired on the vehicle, some of the TD official vehicle testing centres are running a " priority " booking for cars that have expired, that they'll book for the next Sunday ( usually ).

But then again, the license of my car was about to run out in December this year, I booked the appointment two weeks ago and got my MOT and certificate last Saturday. I could have had it done the Saturday before ( I was there on the Monday ) but it wasnt convenient for me so I asked for a later spot. As far as I know, based on my own experience ( 3 cars ) this year, the long waits are no longer an issue.

Find out which official TD vehicle testing centres are running 7 day work weeks ( you can get this info from the transport dept website) these are the ones that have the Sunday priority for vehicles that have expired licenses/roadtax etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Find out which official TD vehicle testing centres are running 7 day work weeks ( you can get this info from the transport dept website) these are the ones that have the Sunday priority for vehicles that have expired licenses/roadtax etc.
    http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/en/...cartesting.pdf
    Skyhook likes this.