Like Tree38Likes

Sunny Bay Car Park

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I can see senarios where one could have the husband and kids in Disco Bay, while the mother drives car up into Shenzhen or northern Hong Kong.
    Fixed that for you.

Didn't realize someone could be so attached to their car (which I assume is probably an Alphard) in Hong Kong.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    The Sea Ranch.
    Nice work, beat HC at his own game

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Fixed that for you.

Didn't realize someone could be so attached to their car (which I assume is probably an Alphard) in Hong Kong.
    oh boy, the PC police. Yes, I do value my car above most other things in HK. I did public transport until I had kids. Then one day, after standing by the road for 25 minutes, with crying kids, waiting for the bus, I had a revelation .... why not buy a car? Bought one the next day & it was game changing!

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I wonder if at any point there was thought given to extending train service off Sunny Bay and into DB?
    This is probably not as improbable as it sounds. A simple cut and cover tunnel from Disneyland to Sam Pak Wan would not be that expensive. Just a km or so to link 20,000 people to a train network

Open Casket likes this.

Sunny Bay Car Park

Didn't someone propose a HKD $50 million hiking path from Disney to Disco Bay? I'd like to know the price tag on your simple cut and cover tunnel...

Last edited by 100LL; 12-10-2015 at 10:07 PM.

DB gives people a CHOICE to live somewhere without cars. If you want a car, you don't choose to live in DB. Seems illogical to me to add cars to a place that chose to exist without them. Plenty of other places for the car owners to live.

"Sunny Bay" is a Disneyfication of the original place name, which is Yam O or "Dark Bay". Fcuk Disney and its cloying influence.

East_coast and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Didn't someone propose a HKD $50 million hiking path from Disney to Disco Bay? I'd like to know the price tag on your simple cut and cover tunnel...
    If we guess at $1.5b but share the costs across the 12,000 households then it would be $125,000 per household. Given that it would probably add a lot to the property value of the yet to be built high density flats in this part of the town it probably should be built but it would mean doing a JV with the MTR on the next couple of phases to make it happen. The family that runs DB probably wouldn't be able to comprehend this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    If we guess at $1.5b but share the costs across the 12,000 households then it would be $125,000 per household. Given that it would probably add a lot to the property value of the yet to be built high density flats in this part of the town it probably should be built but it would mean doing a JV with the MTR on the next couple of phases to make it happen. The family that runs DB probably wouldn't be able to comprehend this.
    A family runs DB??

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    A family runs DB??
    Discovery Bay is run for the benefit of the Cha family

Mingly Hong Kong
    Elegiaque likes this.