Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

Any Reliable Dealer to sell our car to?

Closed Thread

Any Reliable Dealer to sell our car to?

Hi there,

Anyone knows any good dealer that we can trust and sell our car to?

<snip>

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Last edited by shri; 02-12-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Specifics belong in classifieds ads...

When selling my own cars, and I have bought and sold quite a few over the years, I generally find advertising them in the expat car classifieds on this site and on Asiaxpat to be the most effective.

Refrain from high balling an unrealistic price, advertise for a fair price on Saturday morning, and you should get calls. I always got at least 10 calls during the weekend selling my own cars this way, and usually sold the car by Sunday, or a few days shortly after the weekend.

It's also generally harder to sell convertibles during winter, but you know that right ? Best time for a buyer to snag a convertible bargain is during winter... Best time to sell a convertible for top dollar is just before or during the warmer months of the year.

The same rules apply the world over...

Last edited by Skyhook; 02-12-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    shri likes this.

The short answer is NO.

Why not try the classifieds at Geoexpat?

Dealers can be unscrupulous and will offer you much less than the market rate to generate a decent profit.

Umm not true under a consignment sale agreement. The dealer gets a commission based on the agreed price that the owner of the car is willing to accept. The dealer is only acting as the agent.

Commission rates are between 10% and 20% ( depending on the dealer ) of what the dealer sold the car ( on behalf of the owner ) to the buyer for.

Now if you are selling a car directly to a dealer, then that is a different matter, as dealers work on wholesale values when buying outright, which are generally around 30% - 50% less than what the market advertised retail used price that said vehicle usually sells for on the shop floor for.

Last edited by Skyhook; 02-12-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Yes Skyhook, it is correct to say that under an assignment contract a dealer would benefit from a higher sale price since his / her commission would provide a larger amount on an increased sale price.

However the TomT asked about selling his car to a local dealer and not having a local dealer sell his car on his behalf.

My opinion was premised upon the situation that you referred to in your final paragraph - and it seems we are on common ground in this respect.

Many thanks guys for the information.

i m considering to place an ad here. Any idea how is the payment mode like? I dont mind paying for the ads.