Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 3 Post By jaykay
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By jaykay

Fuel Injector Cleaning in HK?

Exclamation Fuel Injector Cleaning in HK?

Does anyone know a workshop with a Fuel Injector cleaning and flow testing machine in Hong Kong?

I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find a workshop that has one.

If anyone can suggest a place that does indeed have one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have never seen one of those flow bench machines here. Diesel mechanics in the trucking industry might though.

Very common back home, they have mobile vans with these systems all set up in the back and they come to your home and flow check and clean fuel injectors on site.

Let us know if you find someone, but dare say replacing the injectors here is what most garages do, due to being VERY lazy, even if a dirty injector is the diagnosed problem.

Being helpful doesn't make $ in Hong Kong....

Last edited by Skyhook; 19-12-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    OzJase likes this.

Element Technology Company in Tsuen Wan. Tel: +852 27875712

They are able to test fuel injectors and report on flow and efficiency. They also have a cleaning service. Have used them before.

Skyhook, shri and OzJase like this.

How much are they likely to charge to, remove, flow test and clean each injector...roughly?

Last edited by Skyhook; 20-12-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Not sure if they can remove. Testing is $100 per injector and cleaning the same.

This is the ( usual ) system that I am familiar with, which has been around for as long as I have owned performance cars.

@ jaykay
    I am a little confused as to how they do all this while the injectors are still fitted to the cars fuel rail ?

Standard practise is to remove the injectors and set them up in individual tubes ( look above at video ) and do the procedure above.....

How do they do all that while the injectors are still fitted to the head/s ? Guess ? Pray to god ?
    Hope for the best ? Throw the chicken bones in the air ?

How exactly ?

Last edited by Skyhook; 21-12-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

I didn't mention they could clean while fitted to the cars. I said I'm not sure if they can remove them. Different thing.

Previously I have removed the injectors and they send someone out to pick them up and drop them off. They speak English, they provide a report after testing or testing / cleaning and they are done relatively quickly.

Skyhook likes this.

Ahh o.k so they must have the same type of flow bench system. That's good to know, so you can just drop the injectors off to the their workshop (previously removed) and they'll do the rest.

Thanks for the clarification..

Last edited by Skyhook; 21-12-2015 at 03:04 PM.